Chapter 25

Ian's POV.

I bit my nails anxiously as Violet's parents and I waited at the waiting room of the hospital for the doctor's verdict.

They had already taken her into a ward and I knew she was going to be fine. I really did, but for some reason I'm unable to keep calm.

Krown, Avery's mum was also disturbed, she kept on rubbing her palms on her jeans while Noah paced back and forth making numerous phone calls.

I was scared for her life, even if deep down I knew everything was going to be fine. I've always had this optimistic nature about everything and it usually always works.

I rubbed my eyes and shook my head to clear any bad thoughts of her situation getting worse.

Violet's going to be fine.
She has to be.
She's perfectly fine.
She's doing great.
She's alright.

Then, the doctor showed up, looking at the three of us specifically before speaking.
"She's fine. She's awake right now, but she has to be admitted in order to be monitored properly."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, relieved and also heard Krown and Noah sigh in relief.

She's fine. That's all that matters.

"In the meantime, I need to have a word with you two." he said, gesturing to Mr and Mrs. Harris.

I just kind of knew it was about her previous health condition.

"Can I see her?" I opted before they went to his office, making them stop. "Please?"

The doctor stared at me for a while before replying.

"Sure. Right this way." he said, pointing the way.

"Thanks."

I made my way to the room which the doctor pointed out.

I opened the door carefully and closed it behind me.

I looked at her body, laying on the bed and for a while, I just stared.

When I walked towards her, she opened her eyes and sighted me.

"Ian." she called my name, sitting upright as I sat beside her.

For one, she sounded pretty fine.

Was I happy she was alright? Hell yes. Was I happy she had to go through this? Hell no.

"How are you?" I managed to ask, cautiously, scared that I may hurt her more by any little thing I did.

"Well.." she gave out a stressed laughter. "I remember you and that's good, right?"

My eyes met her violet ones instantly and I swear I felt horrible.

She held the stare and her eyes had it all written in bold.

"You're still forgetting?" I said, more than asked, almost in a whisper.

She looked at her fingers and played with the medical strings.

"It's just a bit hazy, that's all." she muttered but I sensed half truth.

I breathed out and just stared at her. I was beginning to feel a lump in my throat.

She refused to meet my gaze and we stayed that way for seconds.

"Look," I pulled both her hands in mine. "I love you and you know that. I'm always going to stand by you no matter wh—"

"No." she said suddenly, looking up at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You can't promise that," she said, her voice shaky. "My memory is fucked up, Ian. I don't need anyone to tell me that." She paused and closed her eyes.

And for a minute, there was just silence.

I stared at her, waiting for her to continue.

"I can't remember how we met."

My eyes literally widened in realisation.

"I just know you're an important part of my life. Slowly and bit by bit, I'm losing memories, Ian, don't you see?" Her eyes were glassy now.

"I don't want to forget my family but sooner or later I will. I don't want to forget Val, Ava, Candace or Ryan but I can't help it. Most importantly I don't want to forget you, but—"

I interrupted her by putting my hands over her mouth.

"Stop it. I don't want to hear it, Please.." I said as my own eyes started to get teary too.

The thought of her forgetting everything we had tore me apart. Now I was scared for the both of us.

The fact that she was hurting and I couldn't do anything about it shattered me.

She had a point, though.

Yet, I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to believe that she's really going to forget us.

Her tears touched my hands and I wiped her face.

I could not blame her. Ever. It's not her fault she had an ignorant father, it's not her fault that she wants to hold on to the little memories she has while it lasts. It's not her fault she got to suffer what she didn't bargain for.

At all.

I stared at her and she stared back.

I couldn't help but think of her as a beautiful princess with memory loss.

Her eyes fluttered and I knew she was getting sleepy.

I felt so sick thinking of everything this way. I still wanted to be optimistic but I didn't know how to so I leaned down and kissed her lips.

Whispering with a coarse voice, "Memory or not. You will always be my Violet and i will always love you."

That, I was certainly sure about. If she kept on losing old memories, we'll just keep making new ones together.

And that's a promise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey amazens

*Smiles sheepishly*

How's it going? Before you say anything, I'm sorry for late updates. I was busy–not that that's not the usual excuse–. Anyway, your girl just graduated from high school.

.
Wooooohoooooooooo...

And now I have more time to update, so I'm all yours—well until time for college— hehe..

Stay Amazentastic ❤️, keep voting, keep commenting.....I love you allllllllllll

*Air kiss*

_laere.