Chapter 5.

"sometimes you have to act like a fool to fool the fools who think they are fooling you"

Dedicated to Talia bella

Ian's POV

I sank down on the couch, wearing a white robe and check night trousers, shirtless, before turning on the TV with the remote next to me.

It was past 12 at midnight, the rain was falling heavily, perfect time to have a comfortable sleep. Instead I'm up wandering about the apartment.

Yes, My parents finally let me stay in the apartment I managed to work for for years.

My mum still made it obligatory that
I either visit her once a week or she visits me twice a week.
I took the obvious choice.

I told them they had better stop treating me like their prize chicken else I'm gonna do something we're all gonna regret.

She, asin Violet, was the reason I was up by this time, sunken in this chair and not paying attention to what I was watching on TV.

This isn't the first night I've skipped. She was torturing me without even knowing it

Having your dad as the owner of the biggest designing companies in the state, it's easy to handle the girls. But violet, violet was something else.

Normally, girls are the ones who beg for my attention, but with her, I felt like the one begging for her attention.

It's been a week since we started training together, Yet she still is the way she was when coach paired us up.

I stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and got out the can of orange juice. I wasn't the alcohol kind of person, just like I wasn't the vegetables kinda of person but I've learnt to live with fruits although I'm still choosy when it comes to some of them.

Don't blame me. I'm the junk food kind of person. Trust me, you can barely tell. I've heard it a lot of times.

I took out a clean glass from the cupboard, poured it in and drank it. I instantly got full and abandoned it, replacing the carton into the fridge again.

I walked back to the couch with no single sign of drowsiness. Like normal people, I would have just drank milk but eeww - too milky.

I made up mind. I stayed up till sunrise. When it was past six, I stood up from the pile of frittle cans and chips I was drowning in and went to shower.

I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. Dark circles stuck under my eyes like I was born with them.

When I was done dressing up, I cleaned and disposed of the empty frittle cans and pizza boxes.

I locked up the apartment and left for the eatery where I worked.

Ryan and I normally met up there. The owner, Blake, was a friend of mine even if he was like twenty years older than me. His eatery, was my favorite when I was younger and I guess it still is. What attracted me to the eatery was the name of the eatery,

Junk hollow. Like seriously, that's like my second name.

Ryan being my best friend ever since kindergarten, went everywhere with me. And ever since then, junk hollow became our normal hangout.

Sometimes when my parents were out, Ryan and I would sneak out to junk hollow even after my mum told us not to visit there often because of the health fanatic and paediatrician she was.

So, eleven years after those sneaking out days, I'm working in junk hollow to help Blake and myself because I promised myself never to live off my parent's wealth.