Chapter 10

"And you'll be left in the dust, unless I stuck by ya. You're MY sunflower, I KNOW your love will be too much."

Ian's POV.

1:45pm.

I've been hear for 45minutes and the picture of my parents arguing was still clear in my head and so were the thoughts. Infact the clip keeps on replaying.

Sunset dock, I'm disappointed in you.

But I decided to stay for a few more minutes before heading back.

After a few seconds, my phone beeped and lit up. I looked at it and it displayed a message from dad. I didn't want to open it but at the same time, I did.

I made up my mind and opened it.

Dad:

If you're going to be the next CEO, we'll need to run a few things and you need to get a P.A. I need to see you at work on Wednesday.

If you were in my shoes, would you say this is what you were expecting.

I know I said I'll take the hand me down CEO thing but this is the part where he comes to his senses and realizes that he's doing the wrong thing.

"I've got basketball practice with Violet on Wednesday. Can't miss it."
I texted back remembering our basketball appointment, keeping the phone beside me.

That's when realization hit me.

But it was already too late. I grabbed my phone again just as it beeped.

"What's or who's Violet?"

"Nevermind."

"Whatever practice you have with this so called Violet, cancel it. You are meeting me at work with a P.A."

I gritted my teeth at how annoying my father could get.

He always wants everything to be done his way and it's aunt Harmonee who has the OCD.

Not him.

It gets pretty disgusting and—

"Are you dying?" I heard someone say from behind me, cutting me off my thoughts.

I turned around and saw Violet standing a couple of steps away in her white BYC shirt and black jeans.

"What?"

Why the hell would I be dying?

She started walking towards me, then sat down cross legged beside me.

"A few hours after you left, Ryan called and said you were dying. That's why I'm here. Unfortunately for me, you're not dying."

I looked at her, bewildered by her last statement and she immediately turned her gaze to the sea, then started laughing, making me smile for know particular reason.

She made me smile without doing anything.

"But honestly." she said and turned serious.

Something told me she didn't really wish for my death and why would Ryan tell her that.

"So.." she turned and faced me squarely, still sitting cross legged. "What's going on, why are you down?"

I felt happy that she actually cared about me.

"It's nothing, actually." I shrugged, not really wanting to talk about it.

"So you lie to the people you're addicted to?" she said reminding me of my words at the movies.