Chapter 27

Do not skip this information. It is pivotal for better understanding of this chapter.

Hey Guys,

First off, I'm sorry to interrupt your reading but i just want to say thank you to everyone who started and finished this journey with me as this is the last and final chapter of Violet.

Woo-hoo!!!!!!

Shout out to y'all. I dedicate this chapter to everyone reading it right now. I love you all so much. Thank you for your supports and for sticking with me through this 'not so perfect' book. You are all Amazentastic.

And......

This really has nothing to do with this chapter,

I'm sorry, I lied. *Grins sheepishly.

It's just that, if I had put this at the end, most of you guys would have skipped it and I really wanted to show my appreciation.

...

Though some can still scroll all the way through it.

I see you.

Anyways, back to the book.

Avery's POV.

It's been a few weeks since the incident. February was coming to an end. I have been discharged from the hospital, thankfully and my health is getting better.

But, my memory? I don't know. I can only hope for the best.

Ava, Val, Candace, Ian, Ryan and even some other teammates have been checking on me rather frequently.

It's nice to have people who care around and I couldn't be more lucky to have them.

I was at my work table, on my laptop, finishing an assignment when a message came into my phone.

I picked it up and opened the message.

It was from Ian

There's something I need to tell you.
Meet me at your driveway.
It might take a while.

I was a bit confused at the sudden message, nevertheless I headed towards the window and found him at the driveway, leaning on his car.

Why didn't you just come in. I texted back before heading down stairs.

"I'm heading out. I won't be too late. I promise." I said quickly to Dad who was watching TV in the sitting room.

"No problem." was all he said, his eyes glued to the TV.

I went outside and to the driveway, noticing Ian put his phone in his pocket when he saw me.

"What's up?" I asked when I got to where he was, receiving a hug from him.

He was wearing a black hoodie and black sweatpants with black sneakers.

He stared at me, before reaching for my hands and I gave him a questioning look.

"I..I..found your real dad." He said cautiously and my eyes instantly turned to saucers, metaphorically.

"You what?"

This time he didn't say anything just bit his lip.

My mouth was hanging open and I wanted to say something, I just didn't know what. I was too awestruck to speak.

My father still exists?

Wow. This day just went from normal to highly fucked up.

"Okay, Calm down. I'm sorry, I did the investigation without your knowledge but you weren't feeling too well and I figured it might help your–"