Chapter 12

The limousine stopped, making Eddie feel more nervous. The high school was receiving all of its students and everybody would be looking at them with hate. He wasn't ready yet.

"Richie," he asked him when Eddie saw how he was standing up from his seat. "can we wait a minute?"

Richie sat down again and looked at him.

"Yeah, sure, we can wait as long as you want."

Eddie tried to control his anxiety but it just seemed to get worse. Richie, knowing how the boy must feel, talked to him.

"Are you scared?" he asked him. Eddie did not answer, so Richie tried harder. "They're not that bad. Besides, I need you in there. Dancing by myself all night, I'd look awfully silly." he acted like he was dancing alone, which made Eddie laugh.

Richie smiled too, thinking that Eddie was finally himself again.

"Oh, shit. I nearly forgot." Richie  looked in his pockets desperately. "Fuck, I promised Beverly I would've give it to you before. Shit."

Eddie looked at him, confused. Finally, Richie pulled an object and showed it to Eddie.

"Isn't that supposed to be for girls?" Eddie said, looking at the corsage.

"Yeah, like my dick." he was obviously joking but, for the first time, Eddie didn't mind. They were so different that made Eddie feel the attraction even more.

He let Richie put the corsage on his wrist and he really liked it.

"Are you ready?"

Eddie nodded, so Richie opened the door and walked out of the car. Eddie was going to do it too but he saw Richie running behind the limousine, so he guessed he wanted to open the door for him.

He waited until Richie got there and acted like a gentleman. Eddie thanked him and walked out too, placing his hand on Richie's arm. They walked together and, surprisingly, not a lot of people were looking at them.

Eddie couldn't see Richie's friends anywhere once they got inside the place but Richie didn't give him time either. He held his hand and walked between the crowd towards the bathroom. Eddie was about to ask him what was going on but Richie opened a bathroom stall and got inside with Eddie, closing the door behind them.

There were too much boys in the bathroom to actually pay attention to them.

"Richie, what-"

"Don't get me wrong, Eds, I love your makeup but I'm afraid there are some things that need to be fixed here." with his hand, he pointed at his whole face.

Eddie felt a little claustrophobic there. He didn't know what Richie's intention was until the boy sat on the toilet and pulled some makeup supplies from his pocket. He literally had a whole fanny pack there.

"Come." he told him, patting his thighs.

Eddie wasn't sure of it.

"I won't bite." Richie said, joking.

"You want me to... sit on your lap?"

"Yes, Eds, that's what I'm saying." he showed up his eyeliner and the makeup remover wipes. "I just want to fix your makeup. I swear."

Eddie nodded. He didn't know what was going on in Richie's head but he didn't want Richie to know what was going on inside his. The truth was that Richie just wanted to help him and, in fact, Eddie was the one who was thinking about something else. It was the first time such thoughts had been in his mind and he hated it. He hated that he couldn't control them either.