Chapter 19

"Let me help you, Eddie."

Eddie couldn't even look at his face anymore. He didn't deserve to be looked by him. Sitting right in front of his mother's body wasn't a scenario Eddie would've liked Richie to see him.
He didn't know how long he had been there or what he had seen but he didn't care anymore.
His mother was dead.
Gone.
Forever.

"Why couldn't you leave me alone?" Eddie said, staring at his mother's corpse. He could only think about prom and how nothing of this would've happened if Richie wouldn't have asked him out in the first place.

"I'm sorry." Richie said, looking devastated.

Richie walked in, trying to get closer to Eddie so he could held him in his arms but, instead, Eddie extended his arm and that's when Richie knew what was going to happen. He felt Eddie's power on him, lifting him from the floor. His neck started to hurt him like someone was strangling him.

"Look what you turned me into." he spit out his words like venom.

"Don't hurt me, Eddie."

"Why not?" he said, trying not to break down in front of him. "I've been hurt my whole life."

Eddie continued choking him until he put his hand down. Richie touched his neck, now surrounded by a red line.

Using his powers to carry her weight, Eddie showed him what he had done.

"I killed my mom." he couldn't avoid the tears to stop running out of his eyes, feeling like he was living in a nightmare. "I want her back." then, after looking at his mom's dead body, Eddie glanced at Richie. "I'm scared."

Before Richie could say anything, the house started to collapse with the ceiling falling down. Eddie kneeled down with his mom in his arms. He had caused pain to someone he loved. So now it was time to feel the real pain too.

"We've got to get out of here!" Richie shouted with the intention to get to Eddie. "Give me your hand."the boy showed his hand, wanting to help Eddie. "Give me your hand. Come on!"

But Eddie ignored him, wanting to die there with his mom. As he deserved.

"Get out!" he lifted him again, forcing him to leave. "Get out!"

He pushed him through the house until Richie was outside, safe from the collapse.
Richie felt a similar sensation to the time Eddie saved him in prom but worse: this time, Eddie wouldn't walk out of it alive.

The lover boy stood up quickly and ran towards the house but it was too late: there was nothing left there but stones and a broken heart.
Eddie was still inside, feeling the house falling on top of him.

"It's okay." Eddie told his mom, once again. He kissed her forehead and died with her.

On the outside, Richie began to cry, feeling unable to breathe. Then, he felt Eddie's inhaler on his pocket and used it before breaking down on the floor. He felt his chest burning as well as his eyes, he could barely see with tears all over his face.

"Eddie!" he screamed, hoping the boy would come out of the dead. Overwhelmed, he couldn't say anything else but: "I love you."

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you...

//

"I love you."

Eddie shook his head and felt somebody's arms around his waist. On the laptop sitting on the bed, there was a movie playing, starring Johnny Depp, where the boy was singing and dancing with other teenagers.