Chapter 14

Elentiya's POV

"I just realized something!" Emily said with a gasp.

"Oh, yeah? What's that?" Malatyr asked.

"You never told me when your birthday is!" she exclaimed.

I laughed loudly as Malatyr blushed. "You didn't!" I asked him.

"I'm not saying," he stated as he crossed his arms. 

Emily pouted. "Fine! Hey, Elentiya..." she said.

"No! C'mon, 'Tiya?" I begged her. "I'll tell Mom if you tell her!" he said. My eyes widened.

"Sorry, Ems..." I said with a sad smile. "I can't..."

"Damn!" she exclaimed. "Lyria?"

"I can't either. He holds the same thing over my head, manipulative little shit," she said.

"I love you, too, sis," Mal replied sweetly.

"Cal?" she asked.

"It's the same for me..." he replied regretfully.

"Okay... what did you all do?" she demanded.

The three of us shared a meaningful glance. "We can't tell you."

"So, y'all are keeping secrets from me?" Emily demanded. She pressed a hand to her heart. "The betrayal!" she said dramatically.

"So, Cal, where's your sister at? I thought she was gonna join us," Lyria asked.

He shrugged. "She said something about visiting the Witchlands."

"Anyway... what are we gonna do tonight?" Malatyr asked.

"We could play truth or dare," Emily said.

All attention went to her. "What's that?" Lyria asked.

"You guys are so uncultured!" Emily stated.

"That still doesn't answer our question," I said before taking a drink out of a wine bottle we'd stolen from the kitchens.

"Basically, person A would ask person B truth or dare. Then person B would choose either truth or dare. If person B chose truth, person A asks person B a question that person B needs to answer truthfully. If person B chooses dare, person A picks something that person B has to do. Then person B asks someone else, truth or dare, repeating until we get bored," she said.

"That. Was confusing," Malatyr said.

"Ugh! Mal, truth or dare?" Emily asked him. 

"Uhhh... dare?" he said.

Emily rolled her eyes. "I... dare you to tell your father that you're dating someone."

"Are you trying to get me kicked out of school?" he asked before walking off. 

He came back five minutes later with a smile. "What did you do?" Emily asked.

"I told him that I was dared to say that before telling him," he said with a grin.

"That's cheating!" she exclaimed.

"You never said," he replied. We laughed. "Cal... truth or dare?"

"...Truth?" he said.

"Who do you like?" Mal asked him.

"At the moment? No one, at least not in the way you're thinking," he stated. "Ems... truth or dare?"