Chapter 32: Hard decisions

*your pov*

I had Kenzie make us some tea as Victor and I sat them down to explain everything.

"Well I don't want to sit here and tell you my entire life story so ill keep it to the important parts only. We're from the North pole its a remote place out of the reach of the world government, therefore the people there are considered rare and exotic. It wasnt long till the world Nobles wanted to get there hands on us. Our entire tribe was captured and we were separated from our families. There use to be more kids from the North but only the five of us were separated, me, Victor, Veronica, Wyatt and Molly. We spent four years in intense train by these masked men who never explained anything or told us who they were. Eventually we were put into a unit and another person was added to our group that we called X. Our units name was Cipher pol 6 our commanding agent was X and I was second in command. Then we were given our main objective and let lose into the world.

"What was your objective?"

Victor cut me and answered Killer's question.

"Your mission is find and kill any and all refugees of Ohara. Any one who may know may know the existence of poneglyph's and the information they contained, must be delt with swiftly and without mercy."Victor spoke in a mocking tone that sounded close to the voice that gave us the order.

"So you were sent on a extermination mission? Seems like something the government would do." Kid wasn't surprised by the order itself but he didn't understand what that meant.

"Its not that simple. We were ordered to kill, trained to kill we murdered innocent people because we were told to. Never asked any questions and did  as we were told, sometimes without evidence. Other times we captured people for the world Nobles and turned them in for God knows what reason."

"Dont play dumb we just never wanted to admit we were collecting slaves for those Fuckers. It's just easier to say you don't know so you can live with what you did!" Victor loved pointing out the flaws in my logic so I'd had to accept the facts.

"So what you were a puppet for the government, you're not the only one." Kid seemed like he was trying to justify my actions.

"If only it was that was actually the case. She's not nearly as innocent as you want to assume she is. She earned the name Lilth for a reason, she is the embodiment of despair, a vicious predator on the battlefield. " Victor was mad and he had every right to be.

"I won't justify what I did, but at the time I thought it was the only way to keep everyone alive and safe." Victor yanked me out of my chair and yelled at me.

"SO WHAT ABOUT MOLLY! HUH WHERE WAS HERE SAFTY WHEN YOU SLIT HER THROAT!" I noticed Kid jumped up, but I just held my hand up to tell him to stop.

"Don't act like you didn't take pleasure in your job. We all saw what you turned into for our so called safety."

"What is he talking about _____?"

"He's right." It felt pointless to fight with him on it, because deep down i knew he was righg.I never accepted what I did nor did I ever want to talk about it.

"I took joy in being able to kill whomever I please claiming it was for the greater good. Eventually my loyalty would be put to the test when I received an order to eliminate Molly. She'd been collecting all the information we were told to destroy and had been compiling it so she could learn to read the ancient text herself. Somehow the world government found out and ordered her to be eliminated. The order had been given to X but he couldn't go through with it and had me handle the issue." I took a deep breath before forcing myself to coutine.