Chapter 27: limited wardrobe

After covering myself with Kids coat I made a run for my room, I was hoping to just finally get dressed and go to sleep to forget tonight. But when I came back to the room a bunch of my clothes were thrown around the room and all of my favorites ripped to shreds. I scavenged for what ever was still wearable and set aside the torn clothing. I was able to throw together something to atleast sleep in, the rest of my clothes were in a pile next to me.

What was strangestthing of all was, a lot of my more personal clothing was gone, including my underwear and bras. I already had a very limited amount and now I'm down to none.

"I know how to sew so, fixing my clothes is no problem but.... I don't think I can make a bra and I hate sewing.

Ughhh!"

I start to fold up the viable clothing so I could handle the problem tomorrow. Till then I had just a simple pair of shorts and a long sleeve shirt, perfect to sleep in and for tomorrow's early shift i still have a couple of old shirts.

I laied down and listened to every creak caused by the waves before I turned over to face the wooden wall. I twisted and turned throughout the night unable to stay asleep longer then an hour at most. It felt like I was forgetting something important but I didn't understand what. Half way through the night I shot up wide awake and took off running down the hallways of the ship. I bursted through the bathroom door and looked around the dark moist bathroom. I immediately looked everywhere on the floor and where I had showered then the rest of the room. After frantically searching I gave up and sat against the wall and silently stressed out.

'I can't believe I lost my ring the last place I remember having it was before my shower.' 

I decided to leave the bathroom and head out onto the main deck. I could feel the weather difference when I stepped outside. The waters had settled and the temperature had drop significantly meaning we were getting close to the island. The men that were supposed to be on night watch were passed out on the deck surrounded by endless amounts of bottles and tankards.

'Oh man they're gonna be in trouble with killer.' 

I sneak around and snicker at the sight of passed out men. While observing them all I heard a small clink caused by a gust of wind. I looked over to the sound and saw something glimmer off the mast. I carefully approached it to see a small silver chain and a letter held up with a small dagger of mine that I hadn't realized was gone. I pulled the dagger out and took the small chain and realized it was the chain I had put my ring was on previously. I felt myself starting to lose my composer as I silently returned to my small room gripping the letter in my fist . I left the letter with the knife across the room and sat on my bed looking at it.

'Is it for me, but why? More importantly who?'

I racked my brain for answers while piecing together everything that had happened recently. I eventually got up and opened up the letter I had found. Nothing was written on it as I looked the paper up and down. I felt as if I was slowly losing my mind.

'It feels like I'm being played with!'

I crumbled the small sheet of paper threw it back onto the desk. I was furious and decided to blow off steam by spending  the last few hours before my shift working out. Its recently become very clear that I'm not as strong as I use to be.

*some time before dawn*

After finishing my workout I cleaned myself up in the bathroom and prepared myself for today. I had limited wardrobe so I wore the same shorts and changed into a t shirt to wear so I felt under dressed. My only pair of shoes had gone missing as well leaving me to walk around barefoot.