twenty-three

three updates today !!

brenda's pov

i was in disbelief that she would just not care about anything we were saying, i mean she was our daughter.

"amelia, how do you feel about that?" jack asked, looking at me for a second.

she ignored him completely, changing the color of crayon she was using.

i tapped her shoulder gently, causing her to look at me, finally.

"that's not nice, am.  daddy and i are trying to tell you something, you can't just ignore us when we're talking to you," i said.

i could see that she was angry through her eyes.

"no, mommy! i don't want you to have another baby! then you and daddy'll just pay attention to them and i won't get to play with you guys! i hate you!" she shouted, her voice surprisingly loud for a 3 year old.

i was shocked, and by the looks of it, so was jack.  i could tell that he was angry from the veins that popped out in his arms.

he readjusted his snapback and ran a hand through his hair, as he looked at amelia sitting in her chair.

the next thing she did surprised us all, she got up from her seat and ran out of the restaurant.

i quickly got up as well and chased after her.  jack shuffled through his wallet and tossed some money on the table, running out to find our daughter.