fifty-four

brenda's pov

"we're home!" jack called from the door, placing his keys on the front counter.

amelia trailed behind him with a weird look on her face.  jack looked stressed, too.  maybe the traffic was bad on the way home from amelia's school, and that's why he was stressed.

"hey, babe." i said, kissing jack's cheek.

i reached down and gave amelia a hug and noticed the sadness in her eyes.

"what's wrong, am?" i asked.

before she could respond, jack interrupted.

"she got in trouble at school," he said, rubbing his temple.

"what? why?"

"laina said that daddy only came back because he wanted money, so i kicked her, and then mrs. james took me to the principal's office," she said, with a frown on her face.

my mouth gaped open and i looked between jack and amelia.

"amelia gilinsky! you know better than to hurt somebody on purpose!" i scolded.

"i know, but mommy, she said something bad about daddy!" she whined, putting her face in her hands.

"we need to do something about this, am.  you're grounded," jack sighed, disappointed in her.

"nooo!" amelia whined, tears prickling her eyes.

"that's right, no electronics for a week." i said.

she ran upstairs to her room, before we could say anything more.  i looked up at jack and frowned.

"wow, did she really kick someone," i said, letting out a small laugh.

he nodded in disbelief.

"yeah.  damn, our daughter's tough."

follow my instagram if ya want :)