thirty-two

this chapter was written by @karinacade, let me know how you guys like her writing style! i want her to continue writing some chapters.

brenda's pov

ever since jack and i had josh, we had never gotten to go out on a nice dinner date. but last night, jack's mother said that she would watch amelia and josh while we go out for the night.

i was currently sitting on the top of amelia's dresser, watching her as jack got dressed in the other room.

"sweetheart, please get dressed," i sighed, as i pointed to the cute outfit i layed on amelia's bed. 

"fine, mommy," she replied, putting on the clothes.

the doorbell rang while i was putting a onesie on josh.

"jack! can you get that, babe?" i yelled as i tugged on the zipper of his pajamas.

i heard thumping down the stairs as jack ran to the door.  he ran his hand through his hair and messily attempted to fix his tie, before he opened the door.

right as jack's mom walked in, i walked down the stairs with josh in my arms and amelia trailing behind me.

"hi grandma!" amelia yelled, running over to hug her.  she returned the hug and smiled at jack and i.

after a couple minutes of us going over the plan for tonight, we said goodbye to amelia and josh, and said goodbye to his mother as well.

jack laced his fingers in between mine as we walked towards the car.

"don't you miss this, princess?" jack asked, driving out of the street.

"yes, yes i do," i said, pulling my purse onto my lap.

"we should do this more often then, right?" he asked, smirking.

i playfully rolled my eyes, but leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"we kinda can't, because you have 2 kids, and one of them is a toddler and the other a baby, did you forget that, jack?" i said, half joking.

he didn't say anything after and continued driving.