fifty-one

i honestly don't think some people understand how hard it his for me to think of updates sometimes. and it really upsets me that the second i update this book (or any of my other stories) people comment "update" or "keep going". if i've already updated once that day, i'm forsure NOT going to update again that day. and commenting those things honestly doesn't help "motivate" me to continue or anything. thanks for understanding

jack's pov

"how about this one, sir?" the jeweler asked, pointing to a diamond band on the glass counter.

i looked over at nash for a moment and then looked back at the ring. i examined it for a minute, trying to see if it was something brenda would want to wear for the rest of her life.

"eh, it's okay. i don't think my girlfriend would want something like that, though."

he nodded and put the ring away, taking out another case and telling me about them.

about 30 minutes later, i saw a diamond ring peeking out of the display case. i couldn't see it that well, so i decided to ask the man who worked the case.

"can, can i see that one?" i asked, kind of nervous as i pointed to it.

"sure, it's a nice one, i can tell."

as soon as it was pulled out of the box, i was in awe. i know that brenda would love it, and i would love seeing her reaction to it.

"yeah, that's the one. i know she's gonna love it, how much?" i asked, a huge smile on my face.

i looked at nash and he patted me on the back, happy for me. i looked back at the jeweler and we worked out a price, and minutes later, the ring was mine.

brenda was going to be my fiancé, and i couldn't be happier about it.