fifty-seven

brenda's pov

i heard the front door open and then close, with the sound of keys being set down.

i lifted my head up from the book i was reading on the couch to see who it was, and to my surprise, it was jack.

"hi, baby," he said, letting go of a breath i could tell he was holding.  he kissed me on the cheek and sat down next to me.

"hey.  where were you?" i asked, slightly curious.

"oh, i was with your parent's, we were planning your acceptance party."

i smiled and kissed his cheek again, blushing.

"aw, that's sweet of you," i laughed.

he nodded awkwardly, and pursed his lips.

"yeah, well, i'm gonna go upstairs and get the kids to bed, i guess."

i shrugged but let him go.

"okay, goodnight babe.  oh and, i'm gonna be out tomorrow morning because teresa wanted me to go to starbucks with her, and we were gonna talk about school or something," i added.

jack nodded slowly and walked up the stairs.  he headed straight into our room, and i could tell that he was looking for something, from the shadow that cast on the staircase.  he probably lost his other sock, which happens a lot, maybe i'll help him find it tomorrow morning, before i leave.

i nodded internally and decided that before he woke up, i would look for it.

i'm sick and i can't breathe at all so i'm at home today !!