fifty-eight

this book is coming to a slow end soon, maybe 20 chapters left. i need to know if you guys want a trilogy, which is gonna be in amelia's point of view as a teenager living with her parents (so expect a lot of protective jack if i do it). message me/comment if you guys want it, otherwise idk if i will.

brenda's pov

i rummaged through jack's drawers as quietly as i could, so i wouldn't wake him up. it was 8:45 in the morning, and i was about to leave for starbucks, to meet with my friend.

but, i mentally promised jack that i would look for the sock that he was missing, even though he didn't ask me. i feel like i haven't done anything for him in a while, so looking for this would make up for that.

i pushed my thoughts away and continued looking. suddenly, i felt a small, velvet box brush against my fingers.

i pushed the clothes away and grabbed it. i opened the box, hesitantly, and saw what was inside.

my mouth gaped open as i saw the beautiful diamond ring placed inside. i looked at jack sleeping in our bed, and then back at the ring.

was he going to propose? did i just ruin his plans? oh my god, i feel like such an idiot!

i ran up to the bed and shoved jack's shoulder, trying to wake him up.

he groaned and shook his head, as if to tell me to go back to sleep.

"jack, wake up." i whispered, running my hand through the curls stuck against his forehead.

"brenda? baby, go back to sleep, it's too early," he groaned, reaching for my hand.

i moved and grabbed the box again. i shook him a little more, until he finally opened his eyes.

he sat up and rubbed his eyes, looking at me.

"yeah?"

"what is this?" i asked.

i held the velvet ring box in front of his face and his eyes widened, practically popping out of his head.

"uh, uh-brenda, yo-you weren't supposed to see that yet," he stuttered, rubbing his face with his palm.

my voice suddenly softened, for no reason.

"jack, w-were you planning on asking me to marry you? is that what this is for?"