fifty-three

this story is coming to a slow end soon *tear tear*

jack's pov

"woah, dude. i can't believe i just bought brenda a wedding ring, i mean, it feels like a month since we first met."

nash let out a slight laugh and nodded at my enthusiasm.

"well, i'm happy for you, man, but we've been at this mall for over two hours, can we leave?" he asked, with a small smile on his face.

"oh, yeah, sorry." i said, as we started our way towards the exit.

-

"hey, mom!" i yelled, as i walked into the front door.

i got no answer, so i walked into the living room after i took off my jacket.

i was surprised to see brenda sitting on the couch, watching tv. wait, did my mom tell her what i was doing?

"hey, bren!" i said, trying to hide my awkward nervous-ness.

she looked up at me for a second and waved.

"hey! what'd you buy, i'm starving!" she said, rubbing her hands together as she got up from the couch.

"wait, what? was i supposed to buy anything? you didn't text or call me about it?" i said, suddenly confused.

"oh, did you not get anything when you went grocery shopping? your mom said you were out getting groceries, so i just assumed that you'd be back with stuff. it's fine though, sometimes the things there are really expensive."

she got up and looked through the pantry, as i collected my thoughts. my mom lied to brenda about where i was, which was a good idea, except for the fact that she didn't tell me what lie she was going to use.

"yeah, sorry. there wasn't a sale." i lied.

i ran upstairs before she could turn her back and walked into our room, to hide the ring.

quote of the chapter: "work hard until you no longer need to introduce yourself."