twenty-five

links to my instagram in my bio :)

brenda's pov

eight months later

"which ride do you want to go on now, am?" i asked, grabbing amelia's hand.

she grinned widely and pointed to the ferris wheel.

jack laughed beside me and led us to the line.

right now, amelia, jack and i were at the carnival. amelia begged us to take her, since it only came around once a year. jack was a little hesitant about taking her, since the incident at the restaurant a while ago. but, i convinced him to take her.

i was cut off from my thoughts with amelia pulling my sleeve.

"mommy! it's our turn!" she shrieked.

"okay, baby. let's go on, but let daddy go in first so you can be in the middle." i smiled, kissing her forehead.

she nodded and waited for jack to seat himself in the ferris wheel cart.

i watched as she took her seat next to him, and i hopped in after her.

"are you excited, sweetheart?" jack asked her, grabbing her hand.

"yeah! we can see the whole world from here!" she giggled, her front teeth missing.

"i know, i know! now we need to wait for the ride attendant to start the ride, ok? it's going to be so exciting!" i said, running my thumb over her small hand.

-

"amelia, did you like the ride?" jack asked, lovingly as we got off the ferris wheel.

she nodded her head quickly and grinned at us.  i laughed and jack kissed her hand.

suddenly, i felt a sharp pain in my stomach.  it felt as though a knife was run through my entire body.

"ow!" i screamed, doubling over in pain.

jack looked up with a look of worry on his face as he quickly let go of amelia's hand.  he rushed over to me and tried to help me up.

cliffhanger!!