forty-four

i made a twitter, it's kaylaemoji :)))

brenda's pov

i trudged up the stairs, after waiting twenty minutes for jack to cool off.

i walked into our room and was confused at the sight. jack was angrily and stressfully stuffing his clothes in an old duffel bag.

"uh, what are you doing?" i asked, stepping into the doorframe.

he looked at me with dark eyes, and said nothing. he looked back down at his luggage and continued packing.

he grunted quietly after a few minutes, and muttered something to me.

"isn't it obvious, i'm packing."

i made a confused face and walked closer to him.

"why? and where?" i asked, trying to be oblivious to his anger.

"i'm going to johnson's house, i'm gonna stay there for a few nights. don't wait up for me tonight, and tell the kids i'm on a business trip," he said, not looking up me while he zipped his duffel bag up.

he sighed and tossed the bag with his clothes and necessities, over his shoulder. he ran a hand through his hair and pushed past me to leave the room.

i mentally shook my head and ran up behind him, trying to get him to change his mind.

"jack, wait!" i yelled, following him out to his car.

he didn't reply, simply driving off with me sitting on our porch, with tears pricking my eyes.