thirty-seven

brenda's pov

"you know what? let's go out for dinner, again. i mean, to celebrate you getting into college!" jack said, after a while of all four of us sitting on the couch.

i smiled and nodded my head, agreeing with his idea. jack walked into the kitchen to reserve the restaurant, leaving me to entertain the kids in his absence.

"okay, guys! we're all gonna go out to eat tonight, so i want you to get dressed. amelia, can you help josh?" i asked, clapping my hands as a gesture for them to hurry.

josh giggled, and amelia grabbed his hand. she led him upstairs and i walked up behind them, walking into our room.

as i looked in my closet, i found the holy grail of my outfits. it was a black, long-sleeved dress with cutouts on the side, which jack bought after i found out i was pregnant with josh.

i was broken out of my thoughts with the sound of jack calling my name from downstairs. i mentally shook my head and peered my head out of the door.

"yeah?" i yelled back, jogging down the stairs in my dress.

"is cheesecake fa-, woah you look beautiful," he said, breaking off his train of thought with his last statement.

i blushed a little and kissed the top of his jaw, waiting for the kids to come downstairs.