My Drummer

Can anyone guess what book inspired me?
hint:
D__k Di_rie_
---

Mei pov

'I can't believe that Himeko was nice enough to ask one of her friends to join our band!! I really need to win that talent show or else I' won't have a scholar ship!' I smile nervously as I walk into the band room.

I was actually surprised to see everyone, noticing someone was setting up the drums with their back to me. I walk over to them. The girl turns around and looks at me. "Oh. Heya Mei!" Yuzu grins.

My eyes widen and my jaw basically drops to the floor. Himeko.. got the school's hottest girl AND athlete to join our band?! "hehe, are you okay? You look like your having a seizure." Yuzu giggles.

"I-I'm Fine! I'm totally fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I stops staring at Yuzu. I spin around to Himeko and look at her. She knows I have a crush on her!!

"Let's start practicing!" Harumi smiles. I nod and walk over to the singing stand. We all agreed on a song last week so it should be easy.

-during singing-

AHHHHHHHHH the whole time I'm singing I can't stop staring at Yuzu! And she's staring back at me too! It felt like it was going on forever!

I would look at her, she would look back, we would both blush and it continued like that until the song was over!

We all ended the song. " Mei you did really good for the first time!" Yuzu smiles as she walks over. "I agree" Harumi grins.

"Thank you." I smile back at them. I couldn't tell them that I spent my whole morning singing this song in front of my mirror with my hairbrush as a microphone.

"That's it for today's session I guess" I shrug and walk out of the band room, them following close. Once they were all gone it was just the Yuzu and Me walking quietly to our lockers.

"See you tomorrow I guess?" Yuzu puts her backpack on her back. I smile and hum in response "mhm!"

---
I changed the ending slightly ;D