Bestfriends Dont Think Like That..

Harumi Pov

I adored her. From the way her hair moved whenever a breeze passed by. Just right on the middle of her back. Nothing short from an Angel. I needed her. From the way she jokingly blew kisses at me to the comfort that came being wrapped up in her arms. She lit up every room with her smile. We're only best friends though, right? nothing more, nothing less. Maybe we dress the same, do our makeup the same. and i'm afraid to tell you the truth. A Best friend doesn't look at their best friend like that.

I sigh as I watch Yuzus hair bounce slightly as she looked up from her notebook and down from the whiteboard covered in math equations. Some weeks ago I admitted to myself that I have a crush on Yuzu.
I never thought I was lesbian..or bisexual. I can't figure myself out, but all I know is I like Yuzu. She's so beautiful and full of life. She makes me feel like I'm worth something other than my looks. She makes me feel loved even though we're only friends. Best friends. And that's all we'll ever be.  I don't stand a chance. Yuzus madly in love with Mei. I hoped that staying silent about my liking to her would make it go away but it only made it worse. She makes me nervous at anything now. So i decided.. I'm going to confess to her after school. And hope she'll understand i'm saying it to let go of my feelings and she'll let us stay friends. Matsuri keeps saying that we won't stay friends and my feelings won't go away. But I refuse to believe that. Matsuri is always saying stupid shit that half of the time is untrue. Yuzu will understand I'm letting go of my feelings and we'll stay friends.

I hope....

"Yooo Harumi!!" Yuzu waves her hand in front of my face. I blink and look at her. Oh my god she's hot. "You've been zoned out for some time now. i thought  you died with your eyes open!" Yuzu whined.
"Sorry Yuzucchi. I was thinking of something" I giggle at her whining. I get up and grab my book bag.
"Finally..! Let's go get lunch i'm hungry" Yuzu grabs my hand and drags me to lunch. I smile at her usual behavior. I'm glad that it's normal for girls to hold hands in school, or people would've figured out we're both in lo-...

What am I even saying..
We're not in love. We're just both gay best friends. One has a crush on her stepsister, and the other is hiding her crush on her best friend. I let out a heavy sigh. I think my crush is getting to my head...quite literally. she's been living in my head rent free for weeks now. I don't mind though.

"Ha-ru-mi!!!!" I hear Yuzu as I zone back in. I feel her shaking me by my shoulders. She notices that i'm looking at her and stops. She puts her forehead against mine, "I think there's something going on that you aren't telling me. We're going to my house after school and you're talking. Got it?" She looks serious all of a sudden.

Jeez.. she gets really serious when it comes to me or my mental health. Gotta love her for that though. I let out a sigh and nod. "Great." She smiles again and grabs my hand gently. This time walking beside me and leaning on me slightly.

We get to our usual lunch table and sit down. Yuzu sits across me and opens her bento. I eat my own lunch and we talk,laugh. the usual thing best friends do.

Yuzu picks up a sushi, "Wanna try it? My moms making new sushi and stuff".
"Yeah sure." I smile and open my mouth. She puts the sushi in my mouth and I close my mouth. I chew it for a bit before swallowing.
"Mmmm this tastes so good" I hum
"that's what she said"

We sit in silence for a bit before bursting into laughter. "I-I can't breathe" I manage to say between all my laughs. Yuzu laughs even harder making her sweet laughter the only thing I can hear.
I swear this girl had to be a goddess or angel. She sure looks like one. We calm down from the laughing and continue eating.

-time skip-

Yuzu and I are walking to the apartment complex . I'm sweating bullets cause I know damn well I'm not leaving or doing anything until I say what's bothering me. What's bothering me? Yuzu. she's my goddam crush and she's about to find out. I was gonna chicken out but there's no turning back now. We're already inside the elevator going up. My heartbeat is going a million miles right now. What if she gets disgusted? What if she starts ignoring me?

My heartbeat jumps as I hear the door to their apartment open. I unwillingly walk in. I could've turned back and ran. Too late now. The door is locked and My shoes are off. I'm already walking to her room. My thoughts are begging me to turn around and run away but my body is moving on it's own. I can't control it.

My stomach gets a tight knot in it as I sit down on her bed. I'm so fucking nervous. How do I even start? Yuzu places her bag down near her desk and walks over to the bed. Her hips swayed slightly as she walked. She sits down on the end of the bed.

"So..?" She makes a circular motion with her hand for me to start. I purse my lips for a moment while thinking.

"So uhm.. This has been on my mind for a while.. And it's been driving me insane because I don't know what you'll think about it." I cross my arms and lean my back against the wall of the bed. Yuzu stares at me confused.
"What i'll think? Is this something to do with me?" She tilts her head slightly in confusion. She moves over to me and also leans her back against the wall.

Oh my god she's so close. I keep taking quick glances at her. Her freckles are so noticeable up close. They're barely seen from far away. "Please continue Harumi." I notice Yuzu had seriousness and worry in her voice.

"It has something to do with you. And it's been for a couple weeks now." I cross my arms around me tighter and look away from her to the ground. Tears start appearing in the corners of my eyes and I bite my lip trying not to cry. "Harumi.. It's okay. Please calm down and tell me what's going on. You're making me worried" Yuzu speaks with a soft voice and places her hand on my shoulder. I take a deep, shaky breath.

"I have a crush on you." I clench my jaw the moment my words leave my mouth. shit. this is where everything goes to hell.

"What? Wait. You're serious?" Yuzu asks softly and takes her hand off my shoulder. oh fuck. oh no. she fucking hates me. A sob leaves me and I get up, starting to walk away fast. I hear Yuzu get up. I start walking faster and open the door of her bedroom. I hate myself. I should've never done this.

My heart jumps in fear as Yuzu wraps her arms around my waist. My body is tense as fear runs through my veins. She walked backwards slowly and makes me move too. She sits down and i'm on her lap. Why is she doing this. Goddamn it Yuzucchi. Save me the rejection and let me go already. I heard Yuzu let out a shaky breath. She moves me back into my position before I started walking away. I look at her face. She's looking back at me. I quickly look away to the ground. I tense my body once Yuzu moves forward to me and sits beside me. I feel soft hands grab my face and they turn me to her. Yuzu leans forward quickly and kisses me on the lips.

What.
I'm so confused- I thought she liked Mei?? Maybe she's doing this cause she feels bad? well fuck it. might as well enjoy it before everything goes to hell. I kiss her back and wrap my arms around her waist.I move her onto my lap and hold her tightly.

Yuzu breaks the kiss and we both breath heavily. "Harumi.." Yuzu moves her thumb against my cheek softly. Yuzu takes a deep breath, "I love you".

"Yuzu..I thought you liked Mei.." I stare at her confused. "I don't. this whole time I've been using her to hide my crush for you..She knows I have a crush on you and has been helping me try to somehow show it.." Yuzu looks to the side.
"So you love me" I smile slightly.
"Yes I love you."
"You love love me?"
"Yes I love love you." Yuzu blushes in embarrassment. "Give me a kiss.". Yuzu leans to me  and kisses me on the lips. Goddamn she's perfect. I love her so much. Our lips move away and we stare at each other. Yuzu smiles brightly hugs me tightly, laying her head on my shoulder. "I love you. A lot." Yuzu whispers. "I love you way more" I whisper back while smiling.

I think Matsuri was right for once. We didn't stay stay friends and my feelings surely won't go away now. We're both in love with each other. I smile so hard it hurts my jaw and hug her tightly. Yuzu returns the energy and hugs me as tightly. She plants a soft kiss on my neck and lays her head back on my shoulder.

"Finally you useless gays got together. I'm finally free of Yuzu talking to me about how much she loves you" Mei slams the door open and walks to her desk. Yuzu jumps up from me, "Mei?! What the hell?!".

———
hey guys. i got randomly inspired so have this •.•
also anyone else love Harumi x Yuzu? there's not enough fanfics about the two of them😞