Chapter 2: The Sorting Ceremony Part 2

A/N: This is a continuation of the last chapter.
---------------------------------------------------------

As we walked into the Great Hall I saw that the ceiling was bewitched to look like the sky.
"It's bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Said a bushy-haired girl from beside me.
"Yes, my mother told me about it." I told her.
"You don't look like a first-year?" She said curiously, more like a question than a statement.

"I'm not, I'm in year three." I answered her.

"Then why are you being sorted now?" She asked.

I wasn't paying much attention, but her words still registered in my brain.

"Huh? Oh, I just transferred from America." I responded.

"Oh, well my name is Hermione Granger." She told me.

"Well nice to meet you, Hermione, I'm Noah Luna!" I told her.

"Nice to meet you, Noah!" She greeted me.

"Attention students, before we continue with the sorting I would like to make an announcement.-" The headmaster, Dumbledore, announced.

The hall went silent.

"-This year, we have a new student in year three. She is a transfer from the American wizarding school, Ilvermorny. She will be sorted just before the first years. Thank you." He continued

"Noah Luna!" McGonagall said.

I nervously walked from my place up to the stool. Every eye in the hall was on me. As I sat down, a hat was placed on my head.

"Hmmm. Very intelligent I see. But also brave and kind. This one is difficult." The hat was talking and it sounded as if were whispering in my ear.

"Ah! I know!...GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled out into the hall.

Suddenly a table to my left erupted into applause and I quickly stood up from the stool and went to the table.

There was an empty seat next to a set of red-headed twins.
When I sat down next to them they both smiled at me and introduced themselves.

"Hi! I'm Fred Weasley, and this is my brother George!" Said the boy called Fred, from beside me.
"Hey, George! Hey, Fred!" I greeted.
"I'm Noah Luna."

The twins looked at each other and smiled like they were up to something.
By now, the plates were filled with all different types of food.
It was George who spoke this time, "Hey Noah-"
"Yeah?" I asked. I wasn't really paying attention because I was more focused on my food.
"You should hangout with us. I mean we are the coolest people in the entire school." Fred said jokingly.
"And why exactly would I do that?" I asked sarcastically.
"I-I mean you don't have too." George stuttered.

"Relax. It was a joke." I said.
"So, is that a 'yes' then?" Fred asked me.
"Sure, I don't see why not." I replied.
Both twins beamed at me, and I couldn't help but to smile back.

"Off to bed, goodnight." Dumbledore said.

"Well, I guess I'll talk to y'all tomorrow. Bye." I said.
"Bye!" They said in unison.