Chapter 23

I thought that I feel different after last night, but when I woke up, the only thing I felt was a little soreness and an intense amount of happiness. George was still asleep when I woke up this morning. I turned onto my side and admired how peaceful he looked. Then I remembered it was Christmas day.

"George, wake up!" I said franticly.

"Why so early?" He asked opening his eyes. "Is something wrong?"

"Yeah, it's Christmas morning. Fred is going to come up here any second and barge through that door," I said while quickly finding a pair of sweats and a t-shirt in George's dresser. I got out an outfit for him and threw it at him. "Get dressed."

We got dressed and went I went to my dorm to gather my presents. I met George at the end of the stairs and we walked into the common room together. Everyone else was already in the common room waiting on us to open their presents.

"Finally," Ron said. "It took you guys long enough."

"Noah, where were you? I went to your dorm last night to ask a question and you weren't there."

"Oh, sorry about that. We didn't get in 'til midnight last night, and I crashed in George's room."

Fred spoke in a voice low enough that only George could hear.

"Mind your own business you git!" George practically yelled. I could only assume that Fred said something about George and me. I blushed a deep red color and so did George. I hid my face in George's chest and he caressed my back.

"Can we open presents, please?" Ginny begged.

"Yeah, can we open presents?" Ron whined.

"You two are like a couple of babies sometimes," I said removing my face from George's chest.

"Yeah well..at least we don't...I've got nothing." Ginny sighed in defeat.

"You mean, I won, for the first time, against Ginny Weasley?"

"Yeah, and it'll be the only time."

We all laughed and then we opened presents. Like always, Mrs. Weasley sent each of us a hand-made sweater with our initials on them, except for Harry's, which had a dragon on it. We set our sweaters aside and opened the rest of our gifts. I gave a gift to each of them. I got Hermione a couple of new muggle books that she had wanted to read, Harry got the broom waxing kit he had been asking for, Ron got a ton of muggle sweets he wanted to try, Ginny got a CD of a muggle band I showed to her, Fred got t-shirts of muggle bands that he liked, and George got the hand-made blanket that I had been working on for months. He asked me while I was working on it if it was his Christmas present and he told me that he wanted it.

"Thank you, darling, I love it," he said while wrapping it around his shoulders and hugging me.

"You can have your other present later," I whispered in his ear. His eyes went wide and he got a huge smile on his face.

"I'll be looking forward to it."

After we opened our gifts we went to the Great Hall for breakfast. After finishing our breakfast, we decided to go back to the common room to sit by the fireplace. George, Fred, and I played a game of Exploding Snap, Harry and Ron played Wizard's Chess, Hermione started reading one of her new books, and Ginny listened to her CD on the Walkman she had gotten for her birthday.

The winter term had started and George and I walked hand in hand to our first class of the day. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays we had Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall, then Herbology with Professor Sprout, then after lunch, we had Potions with Professor Snape and Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Lupin. Tuesdays and Thursdays we had Muggle Studies, and Divination, after lunch we had History of Magic, Charms, and then Astronomy at midnight.

A few days after term started, it was time for the second task of the Triwizard Tournament. I was walking in between the twins while they were taking bets on the champions.

"Any bets?" Fred yelled.

"Place your bets, come on!"

"Any bets?"

"Come on, step up, mates! Don't be shy! Three lads. One lady."

"Four go down."

"But do four come up?"

Ginny shoved between me and George. "Don't be so mean."

Fred and George continued while I just smiled and walked in the opposite direction of the Black Lake. We turned around and walked with everyone else to the dock and got on a boat George and I on one side and Fred on the other. We got to the stands that were in the middle of the lake and everyone was cheering for the champions. Even after the first task, I was still torn on whether to cheer for Cedric or Harry. On one hand, Cedric was my brother, on the other Harry was a close friend of mine. My thoughts were interrupted when Dumbledore started talking.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough--except for this: They will have but one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them. You may begin...at the sound of the cannon." The cannon sounded and the champions jumped in the water we couldn't see anything after that and we waited for the champions to come up.

I began to worry when nothing happened, but only for a moment, then Harry came out of the water and flipped in the air before splashing back down. Then nothing for a long time.

"The Beauxbatons champion, Miss Delacour, has unfortunately been forced to retire, so she will take no further part in this task," Dumbledore announced.

I stayed practically glued to George's side. "George, I'm beginning to get worried. Time's almost up and no one has come up yet."

"It'll be okay. Dumbledore won't let anyone die." Just as he said this Cedric came to the surface of the water with Cho.

"Oh, thank god." Then Krum came up with Hermione. I was even more worried as the clock ticked closer to the one-hour mark and Harry still had not come to the surface. Right as the clock struck twelve Ron and Fleur's sister surfaced, but no Harry. Fred and George were cheering and I was starting to cry. George looked over and didn't say anything, he just pulled me in closer to him. A few moments later, Harry flew out of the water and onto the dock. My tears turned from tears of worriedness to those of joy and I cheered for my friend.

"Attention!" I heard in a loud voice. "The winner is... Mr. Diggory--" I cheered even louder for my brother. "--who showed innate command of the Bubble-Head Charm. However, seeing as Mr. Potter would have finished first, had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr. Weasley but the others as well, we've agreed to award him second place--" Everyone cheered for Harry or booed him. "--for outstanding moral fiber." We left the stands in the middle of the lake and we were back at the docks.

"All that moral fiber, eh?" Fred asked.

"Yeah, well done, Moral Fiber." George congratulated him with a joke. Harry parted ways from the rest of us and George, Fred, and I walked back to the castle behind Ron.

Once we arrived back at the castle, I raced the twins up to the common room. I beat them so now they were both chasing after me. I ran up to my dorm and locked the door and went and sat on my bed. I hear a soft, 'alohomora' and a click of the lock, when I looked up George was standing in my doorway.

"George! What if I was changing?!"

"It's nothing I haven't seen before," He said before closing and locking the door behind him. He walked over to my bed and stood between my legs before leaning down and kissing me deeply.

"I love you, Noah."

"I love you, George."