Chapter 26

It was Saturday morning, and I woke up to the smell of breakfast being made downstairs. I looked to my right and saw that George wasn't there. I assumed that he had gotten up early to de-gnome the garden. I rose from the bed and put on the first thing I saw. It was a pair of sweatpants and one of George's t-shirts. I opened the door and practically ran down the stairs. Once I got to the kitchen, the only people I saw were Molly, Ron, Fred, and George. The boys looked tired and they had grass stains all over their clothes. They had definitely been de-gnoming the garden.

"Good morning, dear, how'd you sleep?"

"I slept perfectly, Mrs. We- ...I mean Molly."

"Perfect, well breakfast will be done shortly."

"Okay, thank you." I went and sat next to George and he grabbed my hand underneath the table and squeezed it. He didn't look too happy. I was going to ask him about it when we had a moment alone. Ginny came running down the stairs excitedly, interrupting my train of thought.

"Good morning, everyone!"

"Good morning, Ginny?" Ginny wasn't a morning person so we weren't sure why she was so happy this early in the morning.

"Has the mail come yet?" Harry. That's why she was so happy, Harry was finally going to write back to her. Last week she sent a letter confessing her feelings for him.

"Not yet, dear," Molly said. As she said this Ginny's smile faded only slightly. She sat on the other side of me and waited for breakfast to be put on the table. Once it was served, everyone dug in. Mr. Weasley still hadn't been home yet. He has been working doubles at the Ministry to afford everyone's school things. He didn't come home until everyone was finished eating, and I was helping Molly clean up.

"Hi, Mr. Weasley."

"Hello, Noah." He sounded tired. Today was his one day off all week. I levitated the last dish into the cabinet and ran off up the stairs to mine and George's shared room.

"I love her, okay? She is the best thing that has ever happened to me." I heard on the other side of the door.

"Okay, but you can't just marry her as soon as we graduate. We have a plan. That plan doesn't include either of us getting married anytime soon."

"My plan does," George said before flinging open the door, to see me right behind it. "Did you hear all of that?" I only nodded before hugging him.

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for. That git over there does," he said referring to Fred. I moved away only to glare at Fred. He didn't look sorry at all. He thought he was right. He thought that George and I shouldn't get married. George grabbed my hand and walked me downstairs, then outside to the garden, before speaking again. "I already talked to Mum about it and she's all for it."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she said if I were going to marry anyone in the world she'd want it to be you."

"You're not proposing yet, are you?"

"Why are you not ready for me to propose, because if not, I don't have to?"

"Of course, I'm ready, but you shouldn't do it just to make a point."

"Yes, I suppose you're right."

"Let's wait just a little bit longer."

"Okay." He sounded a little bit sad. I was too, don't get me wrong. But I didn't want him to propose to me just because Fred told him not to.

We went back inside the house and went into the living room area and sat down next to each other on the sofa. Fred walked in, he looked sorry now.

"Noah, I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have said that you and George shouldn't get married, because you should. It's just, I'm worried that the two of you getting married will take up too much of your time and you won't have any for the thing."