Chapter 27

I woke up the next morning in George's arms. We were engaged. I couldn't wait to tell everyone. My mom wouldn't be happy, but she never was when it came to me and what I did. I got dressed and went downstairs. I wanted to tell my mother that I was engaged before anyone else found out. I found a piece of paper to write George a note on.

'Dear George, by the time you read this, I will be at my mother's house. I need to tell her that we're engaged alone. Please don't tell anyone until I get back.'

I left the note on his nightstand and I apparated out of the room. When I opened my eyes I was in the parlor of my own house. Trunks were sitting by the door and I could hear talking coming from the kitchen.

"Mom, Amos, Cedric. I'm home," I called walking towards the kitchen.

"Darling, how good it is to see you," my mother said hugging me.

"Don't get too excited, I'm going back, I just needed to tell you something really important."

"What is it?"

"You might want to sit down for this."

"What's going on?" Amos asked.

"George and I...are engaged," I said showing them the ring.

"What?!" They all yelled.

"I'm engaged," I repeated.

"How could you do this, you're too young."

"Mom, I knew you wouldn't be happy about this, so I came prepared to tell you: If you can't support me in this, then you can't come to the wedding."

"Of course, I support you, it's just that I feel you are moving very fast."

"I'm moving fast? You do realize that you and Dad got married only after a couple of months, and you and Amos, you guys were barely together a year before you got married. I've been with George for almost two years, and I'm happy. I couldn't imagine my life without him."

"I understand, I'm sorry."

"Okay, if you want to be a part of planning this wedding let me know now or forever hold your peace."

"I want to be a part of planning your wedding." I went to my room and dug around in my closet for my wedding book, and flipped through a few pages making sure everything was perfect. Me and my mother apparated out of the parlor and into the kitchen of the Burrow. When we got there everyone was in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"Perfect, you're here," George said walking up to me. "Noah and I, as of last night, are engaged." He said it with such ease. Everyone gasped in surprise.

"Oh, this is perfect, is that why you brought your mother here, dear."

"Well, yes and no, I already told her, that's why I was gone so long this morning, she just wants to help plan."

"Perfect, we can get started right away." Molly cleared the table, with a wave from her wand, and my mother and I sat down.

"It's nice to meet you, Lauren, I've heard so much about you."

"All good things I hope, I haven't exactly been the best mother."

"Mostly good things, but I don't judge. Noah, let's see this book of yours" I put the book down on the table and Molly started flipping through the pages. "Yes, this looks very doable."

"When were you planning on getting married, Noah?"

"Next August, Mom."

"Does George know this?"

"Not yet, I'll go grab him." I ran outside to where George was being chased by a red-faced Ron. "Georgie," I yelled. "We need you inside." He turned and started running in my direction smiling, his beautiful smile.