Chapter 25

24 June 1995.

It was dusk and it was finally time for the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. We were in the stands cheering and music was playing. Amos ran out and Cedric followed behind him and I cheered loudly for my brother. All of the other champions followed behind their headmasters. Dumbledore walked up to a podium and silenced the crowd.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory..." The crowd went up in cheers for Cedric. "...and Mr. Potter...are tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum...and Miss Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner." Everyone cheered when Dumbledore said this.

"I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands." I assume he told the contestants to gather around him because that is what they did. He talked to them about something and no one else could hear him. "Champions, prepare yourselves." The crowd cheered. I watched as Amos hugged Cedric. "On the count of three. One--" The cannon went off and the band started playing again and the champions went inside the maze as the crowd cheered.

I had ultimately decided to cheer for both Cedric and Harry. The maze had closed off so no one could see what was happening inside. I stood with Fred and George on either side of me and we talked about our business.

"Well, of course, the shop will have your name on the sign, but all three of us will own the business since we're all putting money in. Plus, I plan on marrying George and taking his last name anyways, so, eventually, it will be my name on the sign."

"She's got a point there, Fred."

"Right. Speaking of money, I think we finally have enough for the building we wanted, you know the one with the flat above it."

"What about the business license, do we have enough for that?" I asked.

"By the time we graduate, we'll have more than enough for the business license." I turned my head as I noticed red sparks coming from the maze. I wondered who it was. It was Fleur that they brought out of the maze. I went back to my conversation.

"What about inventory? We have at least thirty more products to come up with if we're going to fill the shelves of the store."

"Then we'll each think of ten and call it good."

"I guess so," I sighed.

"What's wrong?" George asked.

"I guess it's just a lot to think about and a lot to do in two years. We have to find vendors, make sure we can keep our space, and set up shop. Are we going to hire employees so we can have a day off? Are we going to do it on our own? What if we're not successful? I have no other plans after school, you know?"

"Believe me, I'm worried about those things too, but sometimes the best thing you can do is not think."

"You're right." I saw red sparks again, this time it was Krum who came out of the maze. We talked a little while longer and eventually, Harry and Cedric came out of nowhere holding the cup together. I ran down the stairs to go and congratulate both of them. I hugged them both. Amos was there and he hugged Cedric, before giving me one.

"So, did you both win, or do they have to choose?" I asked Cedric quietly.

"I'm hoping we both won. Potter is Dumbledore's favorite, so I suppose if they had to choose, it would be Potter." We let the judges decide and eventually they came to a decision. I turned around to see George and Fred behind me. I hugged Fred and then George.

"See, I told you. You have nothing to worry about with these two," he said hugging me tighter.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For still being here, I know I can be a little unreasonable sometimes."

"I'm not gonna argue with you on that, but I will always be here for you, no matter what happens." He lifted my chin so that I was looking at him. "Always."

The school year had come to a close and we were all on the train back to King's Cross Station. I was going to be staying at the Weasleys again this summer. Amos and my mom were taking Cedric on a congratulatory trip and I would rather be with the Weasleys than spend the summer in America.

After a while, the train pulled up to King's Cross Station and we all got off to go and say 'hello' to our parents.

"I'll be right back, guys." I went and found my mom and Amos, they were talking to Sirius Black. "Hi, Mom!"

"Hello, darling, how was school?"

"Great, I was just worried a lot, about Cedric. Anyway I just came to say 'good bye' the Weasleys are waiting for me."

"Right, of course," she said giving me a hug, "Well I'll see you when we get back so we can go shopping."

"Okay, bye, Mom, I love you."

"I love you too, Noah."

I went back to where the Weasleys were waiting for me and then we went to the car. At first, I didn't know how we were all going to fit and then I remember the Undetectable Extension Charm was a thing. I slid in the car after the twins and Ginny and Ron, slid in beside me. Once we started driving, Ron asked me a question.

"Why would you rather spend time with us, instead of with your own family?" He was genuinely curious.

"Well, first of all, I consider you guys my family, and second of all, my mother and have never been close, and after my father died, I kind of distanced myself from her. She tries though." I was starting to tear up, when George saw this he glared at Ron and pulled me into his side.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry, I was just curious."

"I know, Ron. It's just I'm very sensitive about the topic of my family."

"Why?"

"You see, my grandparents on my mom's side are blood purists, so they don't except me because I'm only a half-blood, in fact they refused to meet me and write just to throw insults my way. And my grandparents on my dad's side are dead, but they were nice, and left me their fortune. My mom, because of the way she grew up, can never fully except that I'm not pureblood like her, but I know she loves me. Amos is new to the family, and tries to treat me like his own, but constantly puts Cedric above me, and Cedric, he's just Cedric, he's a great brother and friend but he doesn't understand. He understands what it feels like to lose a parent, but the other stuff, he had no idea about that." I had told Fred and George about this, and even Mrs. Weasley, but not anyone else.

"Wow, I had no idea."

"It's because I didn't want to tell you."

"Noah, dear?" Mrs. Weasley said from the front seat.

"Yes, Mrs. Weasley?"

"Ginny claims that you had nightmares the entirety of your last visit so I've decided to let you stay with George in his room, and it's Molly, dear."

"Where will I sleep?" Fred asked his mother.

"In Charlie's room," she answered shortly.

Once we got to the burrow, we drug our trunks up the stairs to our separate rooms. I followed George to his and set my trunk down on the floor. I sat on the bed and George sat next to me.

"You ready for this summer?" He asked me.

"I always am."