Chapter 35

29 July 1996.

It was the morning of my final dress fitting. I got up early and got dressed in my white sundress. I kissed George, who was still sleeping, on the forehead and his eyes fluttered open. He smiled at me before pulling me down and kissing me passionately. I pulled away from the kiss and said 'goodbye' before going downstairs and meeting with the girls and Molly.

"Are you girls ready to go?" Molly asked.

"Yes, Mom, I think so."

"Great! Let's go." We all used the floo to get to Diagon Alley and then we walked down to the boutique that we'd been to only twice before. We walked inside and when the sales associate saw us she motioned for us to follow her. We followed her to the back and she pulled each of our dresses out of their garment bags. I gasped in awe at my dress, it was even more beautiful than the day I first put it on, I feel like every time I see it, it gets more and more beautiful. She helped us into the dresses and they looked even more beautiful. She fitted us and marked where the dresses needed to be altered and helped us out of them. She then took us back to the front of the shop.

"So your dress can be picked up on August 25th. Does that work for you?"

"Yes, that's the day before the wedding, so it's perfect."

"Perfect." We said our goodbyes and left the store before going back to the Burrow. Once we were back at the Burrow, I went to find George. He wasn't in the kitchen, our room, Fred's room, or in the living room, so, the next place I looked for him was outside. I didn't see him until I looked up at the sky. He was flying around on his broom with Fred passing a bludger around in the air.

I walked over to the nearest tree and sat up against it. I watched as the twins flew around on their brooms.

"Georgie!" I yelled once he got off his broom.

"Hi, love!" He shouted back at me before running over to me.

"I missed you today, I can't wait for you to see my wedding dress."

"And I can't wait to see you in it. Only one more month."

"Twenty-eight more days to be exact."

"So, where are we going to go for our wedding night?"

"I was thinking we get a hotel room, in London, just for a couple of nights."

"A muggle hotel?"

"Yes, they're so nice. You remember the one we stayed in while we were in Miami, don't you?"

"Yes, and I loved it. I think it's a great idea. But what if there is an emergency with the store or here? They won't be able to reach us."

"If you're not comfortable with a muggle hotel, we can always choose an inn in a wizarding community."

"Can we? I think I'll prefer that. You know just in case."

"Yes, but not the Three Broomsticks. There's a new inn in Diagon Alley that just opened up we can go down now actually to see if they have a room available for the twenty-sixth and twenty-seventh."

"Let's go." We went inside and George put his broom away.

"Mom, we're gonna go and check out an inn for after our wedding. We'll be back before dinner."

"Okay, dear. I'll see you then."

"Bye, Mum."

"Bye, George. Bye, Noah." We apparated out of the kitchen and landed in Diagon Alley in front of the inn. We walked inside, a bell above the door rang, and a familiar young woman, about my age, came out of the back.