Chapter 3: Classes

The next day.

I woke up to somebody shaking me.
"Noah, wake up. We have classes today." Alicia Spinnet, one of my roommates, told me.
"Okay, I'm up," I told her.

I quickly got out of bed and got dressed in my uniform.
It was 7:15 in the morning, and I was happy that I got up that early because I couldn't tie my tie for the life of me.

After getting ready, I gathered my books for the day and put them in my shoulder bag. By now it was 7:40.

I walked with Abigail Griffin, one of my other roommates, down into the common room.

We met up with the twins and walked to the Great Hall to have breakfast.
Once we got there we sat down and began putting food on our plates.

It didn't take long for us to get into a conversation about what the new classes would be like. Coincidentally, all four of us chose the same elective classes.

It wasn't long before Cedric came over to talk to me. And apparently, Gryffindors were having Divination and Charms with Hufflepuffs.

It didn't take me too long to notice that Cedric couldn't take his eyes off Abby. But I would have to ask about that later.

Now it was 8:30 and Divination is in the North Tower.

"Guys I think we should get going so we're not late on the first day," Abby suggested.

"Yeah, let's go." Cedric agreed with a smile on his face.
---------------------------------------------------------
9:00am

As we entered the room my nose was filled a heavy and sickly perfume.
Inside there were around twenty small, circular tables that were surrounded by armchairs and poufs. The room was very dimly lit and all the curtains on the windows were drawn shut.

Me and the twins sat at a table together, while Abby sat with Cedric.

Professor Trelawney had entered the room now and I couldn't help but notice the way her glasses magnified her eyes to look like a bug's eyes and that she wore many bracelets on her wrists and many shawls around her shoulders.
"Today we shall be reading tea leaves." She said in a dreamy voice.

I didn't really believe in this stuff but my mom said that we have had seers in the family, so why not take this class.
"You will drink the tea from the cup in front of you, then exchange cups with someone at your table, and use your books Unfogging the Future to understand what the image in the cup means." She said in the same dreamy tone.

I picked up the cup from in front of me and took one sip before I held my nose and downed the rest of it. I didn't like tea all that much, but this tea was disgusting.

The next thing I knew George had taken my cup out of my hand and handed me his.
Carefully examining the shapes in the bottom of his cup, I noticed two shapes, a heart and a sun.

"Well, it looks like you're gonna fall in love and you're going to be happy about it." I told him.

"That's odd. Yours says the same thing." He told me.

Me, Fred, and George all laughed at this.

"What does mine say?" Fred asked.
I grabbed his cup and carefully examined the shapes in the bottom of it. In the bottom was a blob that looked relatively like the symbol for future success.
"It looks like you are going to be very successful." I told him.

Before he could say anything the bell signaling the end of class rang.
After gathering my books, I went down the silver ladder exiting the classroom and waited for Abby.
The twins were waiting on their friend Lee Jordan.
I finally saw Abby climbing down the ladder, beaming.

"You'll never guess what just happened." Abby told me.
"We have to go to Herbology, but tell me on the way." I told her.

On our way down to the greenhouse, she told me that she talked to Cedric telling him that she liked him, and how he told her that he liked her too.

"Then what happened?" I asked.

"He asked me to go on a date with him." She replied

"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah. We're going to Hogsmeade in October." She replied excitedly.
"That's great!" I told her.
---------------------------------------------------------

10:00am:Herbology

"Good morning third years!" Said Professor Sprout once everyone was inside.
"Today we are going to be repotting Mandrakes for revision. So, grab your earmuffs and put them on." She told the class.
We all grabbed a pair of earmuffs from in front of us and put them on.
---------------------------------------------------------
Finally classes were over. We had just finished dinner and are in the common room doing homework and talking.

"So, how's the essay coming?" I asked them.
"Not good, I don't even remember what we did in class today." George responded and Fred nodded in agreement.
Abby had already gone to the dorm.
"Well if you would've listened to me and followed the instructions, you would've known that you were supposed to stir the potion three times clockwise and not counterclockwise." I laughed quietly to myself remembering how the potion had exploded in their faces.

"Oh shut up already will ya'" Fred laughed.

We talked for about another hour and a half. They mainly wanted to know about what is like in America.

I was about to pack my things up and go to bed before George asked, "Hey Noah, how do you know Cedric?"
"What? Oh, his dad and my mom are like dating I guess." I responded.
"Oh, ok." They said in unison.
"Well goodnight." I left the room and quietly to dorm trying not to wake anyone up.

When I got there everyone was already asleep, even Angelina.
I quickly and quietly got into my pajamas and got into my four-poster bed. Apparently I was more tired than I thought because the second my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.