Chapter 20

It had been a week since the term started. It was raining outside. People were hanging out in the Great Hall, watching the older students put their names in the Goblet of Fire. Out of the two of us, Cedric was the only one old enough to put his name in the Goblet of Fire. All of his Hufflepuff friends were gathered around cheering him on. He put his name in and people started clapping for him. Fred and George came running through the doors and people started cheering for them. They had developed an aging potion to try and get their names in for the contest.

"It's not going to work," Hermione said in a sing-song voice.

"Oh yeah," Fred started.

"And why's that, Granger?"

"You see this? This is an Age Line," she said pointing out the obvious. "Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" Fred asked

She scoffed. "So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion."

"Ah, but that's why is so brilliant."

"'cause, it's so pathetically dimwitted."

I was sitting directly behind Hermione so I heard the entire conversation. I would have joined in, but I didn't trust their potion to work.

"Be careful, Georgie. I don't want my boyfriend to be an old man."

"Trust me, love, it'll work."

"If you say so." I went back to only observing what was going on around me. 

"Ready, Fred?"

"Ready, George?"

"Bottoms up," they said in unison then wrapped their arms around the others and drank the potion before hopping into the age line.  Students cheered slightly, and they then put their names in the goblet. And at first, I thought it worked, and so did they. But the Goblet erupted with even bigger flames and threw their names out, just before Fred and George were thrown out of the circle they were standing in. I ran over to where they were thrown and laughed as I noticed that their hair turned white and they were growing beards. 

They started fighting on the ground. Everyone in the Great Hall was yelling, "Fight, fight, fight!" The chanting and fighting stopped as Viktor Krum and Igor Karkaroff came into the Great Hall. I pulled George up off the ground and he dusted himself off. Everyone stared as Krum walked up and put his name in the Goblet of Fire.

I grabbed the boys by the wrists and set off to Gryffindor Tower. Once there we went up to my dorm to get the reversal potion I had been working on. I'm lucky I tested their potion on a plant before I used it myself. I sat them down on my bed and gave them each a vile of the potion. They took it and almost immediately their beard went away and their hair went back to its normal color. 

"When I tell you I've seen some stupid shit in America, I've seen some stupid shit, but nothing as stupid as this. You should've tested the potion first."

"I'm sorry, darling. It won't happen again."

"Yeah, sorry."

"I'm not mad. It's just you guys are smarter than this. And what would've happened if I didn't know to make a reversal potion? Who knows how old you would've gotten? You could've died."

"We wouldn't have died, Noah. You're just a bit dramatic." Fred said laughing. "We could've died a million times before but we haven't."

"Look, I'm not trying to be mean or act like your mother, but you have got to listen to me sometimes. I don't want to lose the two of you. Fred, you're my best friend. And George, we're gonna get married someday remember? I love you both. I can't lose you." I gave them both a hug and they hugged me back.

Finally, the day had come and it was time for the champions to be selected. 

"And now the moment you've all been waiting for. The champion selection," Dumbledore said before dimming the lights and walking up to the Goblet of Fire, he put his hands on it waiting for t to spit out a name. Everyone watched as Dumbledore walked away and the fire that was once blue turned a reddish-pink color and it spits out the first name.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum." Everyone cheered for Viktor and he got up and walked over to Dumbledore. The next name was shot out of the Goblet. 

"The  champion for Beauxbatons.. is Fleur Delacour." Everyone cheered for Fleur and she too walked up to Dumbledore. Then came the next name this one worried me. It was the Hogwarts champion. I was scared that Cedric's name would be called.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" Everyone cheered, even I did. It didn't matter how worried I was I was still proud of him. 

"Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory... the Triwizard cup." Everyone began cheering again, but the room went quiet when they noticed the flames in the Goblet of Fire were going crazy. The Goblet spits out another name. 

"Harry Potter? Harry Potter!" Harry got up from his seat and walked slowly over to Dumbledore. And then walked to where the rest of the champions stood. 

"He's a cheat!" Some random boy yelled at him.

"He's not even seventeen yet!

I was even more worried now. How did Harry's name get in the Goblet of Fire? No one knew the answer to the question. Not even Harry himself knew. 

I went to bed that night with knots in my stomach. I couldn't sleep so I went to George's room. I knocked on the door, no answer. I went down to the common room to see if he was down there. Sure enough, he was.  I walked quickly to the couch where he was seated, sat in his lap, pulled my knees up to my chest, leaned my head onto his chest, and began crying. 

"What's wrong, darling?"

"I'm worried."

"About what?"

"About Cedric and Harry. This tournament is dangerous, they could die." I said looking up at him.

"I don't know what to tell you about Harry, but Cedric willingly put his name in that cup. He knows what he is getting himself into."

"I guess you're right, but that doesn't make me worry any less."

"Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"

"Can you?"

"Of course." He picked me up bridal style and carried me to my room. Once inside he shut the door and carried me over to my bed. He laid me down and got under the covers beside me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Looking deep into my eyes he said, "I love you, Noah." It surprised me as he always called me by a pet name, even when we weren't together he rarely ever used my name unless he was being really serious about something. I slept peacefully that night in George's arms.

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and a little less worried about my brother and my friend. I knew they could handle themselves. I don't know why I was so worried in the first place. Then I noticed that George wasn't next to me anymore. I heard the shower shut off and I saw the door to the bathroom open. George came out with a towel wrapped around his waist, water dripping down his muscular chest. I smiled at the beautiful man standing in front of me. As he was getting dressed in his uniform, I went and took a shower. When I got out, George was still in my room waiting to walk with me to the Great Hall for breakfast. He watched, with a playful smirk on his face, as I took off the towel and began to dress in my uniform. 

Once I was ready, we walked out of the Tower and down to the Great Hall. We sat and ate our breakfast before going to Potions class. After we went to DADA and then Herbology, before lunch. After lunch, we had Charms, Transfiguration, and our last class of the day was Muggle Studies. We hung out in the common room until dinner and again after dinner until I decided it was time for bed. I went up to my dorm and got ready for bed. I was out as soon as my head hit my pillow and I didn't wake up until I heard a knock on my door the next day.

------

A/N: Two chapters in one day, unlike me I know. But to answer any questions that may come up. No, Voldemort is not coming back. No, Moody is not the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. And no, nobody knows how Harry's name got into the Goblet of Fire, but they suspect Dumbledore.