Chapter 18

I woke up the next morning being showered in kisses by George, who was in an amazingly good mood.

"Good morning, my love." He said once he saw that I was awake.

"Good morning. You're in a good mood."

"I'm excited. I get to spend the last two weeks of the summer holiday with the best girl in the entire world in America."

"America isn't that great. Do you know how many active shooter drills I had to do in elementary school?"

"You told me about one per semester, I believe."

"Yes, the only reason I want to go is that I want to see my dad and I'll be spending extra time with you."

"So, you're not in a good mood."

"Not really, I guess I'd rather stay here with you."

Just then, my mom came into the room. "Hey, the charm I put on your room has just been reported as unreliable, so, I took it off. Please, be responsible. We leave in two hours."

"Um... Okay." My mom left the room and shut the door behind her. "That was weird. Anyway, do you wanna go take a shower?" They left the bed to get into the shower. They washed each other's hair and bodies while talking to each other. Once they were finished, they got out of the shower and began getting dressed. After they went downstairs for breakfast, ate, grabbed their trunks, and left the Luna-Diggory residence by the floo network.

They arrived in the old home of the Luna family. The house was dark and had an eerie feeling to it. 

"You wanted to see where I grew up. Well, here we are."

"It's a nice house. I don't know what you were complaining about?"

"It's creepy as hell. I woke up some nights and ghosts were standing at the end of my bed. They are everywhere!" George looked at me like I was crazy. I knew that I wasn't crazy and after one night here, George would know how bad the problem was.

"She's not wrong," my mother agreed with me. 

"Thank you, Mom."

"It can't be that bad. Can it."

"You'll see," my mother and I said in unison.

We went upstairs and I showed George the room that we'd be sharing my old room. My mother's room was way down the hall and she couldn't hear anything even if I screamed at the top of my lungs. So, of course, I hoped George and I could finally have their night together and do something they had never done before. Once we were in the room I shut the door and wrapped my arms around George's neck and leaned in to kiss him. He jerked his head back. 

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked me grinning. 

"Kissing my boyfriend. What else?"

"You're up to something."

"Mm... Fine! I was hoping that maybe since we're alone tonight and my mom can't hear anything from her room that maybe tonight we can finally, well you know."

"I don't know, maybe we should wait."

"Are you not ready? It's okay if you're not. We don't have to do anything." I said hastily.

"I don't think I am. I'm sorry. I know you've been wanting to for a while." I cupped his cheek and smiled softly.

"That's okay. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to push."

"Can we just cuddle and talk, like we always do?"

"Of course, come here." I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the bed. I laid down and pulled him down next to me.

"I want to be the little spoon." He begged. I put my arm and leg over his body and began playing with his hair. After a while, he drifted off to sleep and so did I. We woke up three hours later to a knock on our door. 

"Noah, George. It's 9:00 am, it's time to go."

I began to shake my sleeping boyfriend to wake him up. When he didn't wake up, I began to shower his face with kisses, before he finally woke up. He grabbed me by the back of my neck and pulled me in for a kiss. We kissed passionately. 

We went to the cemetery and walked up to my father's grave. We sat and I talked to him. I talked to him about school and what I did this summer, our plans, 'introduced' him to George, and cried a lot. 

We went home and I went straight up to my room and got into bed and went to sleep, while George played with my hair.