Chapter 22

DAY 17

Jayme's POV

I woke up the next morning to a squealing Courtney.

"It's paintball day!!" She practically yells causing me to chuckle.

I couldn't help but share that excitement because this was going to be an awesome challenge. I had never used a paintball gun before and I was excited to try it.

I quickly got up and out of bed, took my meds, and got dressed. I ran out the door alongside Courtney and Sarah, down the stairs, and into the breakfast area. Mr. Andrew's wasn't there this morning as he had to go and grab something from the post office.

We girls were the first ones there so I grab as much food as I could. I ended up eating eggs, bacon, sausage, like 10 waffles, and some fruit too. I had a champion breakfast. 

Everyone else came in shortly after I had finished eating and grabbed their food. Wes complained about there not being a waffle left for him but we're not going to talk about whose fault that was. Damien sat by me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips, wishing me a good morning. 

"Same to you, I'm so excited for today!" I cheer. 

"Me too! I haven't gone paintballing in a good while, Wes invites me and Shayne occasionally so sometimes we go with him." Damien says.

"Well, I have never been painting balling before but I know that it's really fun, and if it's anything slightly similar to the shootout challenge we did at the beginning then I think I won't be too bad at it." I giggle.

"What did you get for the archery thing again?" Shayne speaks up.

"I got Chris Pratt in the eye on my first shot." I say.

"She avenged me!" Courtney shouted from the other end of the table, making us all laugh.

"That's right! That was an impressive shot by the way, but a crossbow is nothing like a paintball gun." Wes informed. 

"I know, but it's still exciting!" I bounce up and down in my seat. I hear people chuckle at me and I can't help but smile. I talked to Keith and Noah for a little bit too, mostly about my hair though, they apparently "couldn't get over it."

Everyone finished eating and we all got our stuff together and got into the vans to drive to the paintball arena. Apparently, Olivia didn't want to do this challenge so some other person was going to step in, I'm not sure who.

-----

I had my gun and all my padding on, an instructor came out to teach us how to use the guns and how to properly put on our padding, it was very sweet of them. I also had a radio as did everyone else, that way we could keep track of who was out and who was in. 

I held the gun in my hand and bounced it a few times, the weight was perfect, it wasn't heavy and it was too light either. Each of us had a certain color paintball, mine was red. It was so we could see who got who out. I was currently testing to see which eye was more dominant when a certain voice rang out.

"Hey, where's my red carpet?" 

I turned around to see Tommy! I quickly waved to him with a big smile. I had known him for a while but just like everyone else, I hadn't talked to him much. He quickly waved back before going to up Courtney and Mari and hugging them. 

I went back to finding which eye was better to use and I found that it was my right eye. The instructor gave us some practice targets that had people on them to practice shooting on so that we could get used to the feel of our guns. I brought the gun up and aimed at the target. I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger.