Chapter 18

DAY 13

Damien's POV

It was just Jay and me now. She patted the spot next to her and I went over and sat down, pulling her close.

"I'm sorry." She blurts out. "I hate myself for putting you through that, I'm the worst person, girlfriend, and--" I stopped her by bringing our lips together. It wasn't soft and delicate, it was rough and passionate. I wanted her to know that I meant what I said while I held her, it wasn't just because of the situation.

She didn't pull away, she just kissed me back. I felt as if she was expressing how she was sorry. Our lips continued to move together until I pulled back. I took a few moments to breathe before speaking up.

"Jay. I'm not mad at you. I know that the prank spiraled out of control and that unplanned things happened. But, Jay, you have to understand that I thought you had died. I had your head in my arms and I couldn't... my efforts... I'm sorry, I just... I'm glad that it was a prank. But as I said before, all of those things I said, I meant them. I love you, Jay, more than anything. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." I tell her. I caress her cheek while she looked at me with loving eyes.

Her face turned red and I took in the moment. There it was. Her blush. The blush that only I could make her do.

"I love you too, Dames. I always have... I just wished it would've been said at a better time than during a prank..." She admits.

"I'm okay with it. Because when I think about it, I was planning on saying it soon anyways and it's not like I was lying." I give her a small smile, holding her as close as I could.

"It's still hard for me to believe that you're my boyfriend now... I've liked you for so long but had always been afraid to speak to you. It's also hard to believe that you had liked me for a long time too, I had somehow made myself believe that you had no idea who I was." She admits.

"No idea who you were? Are you kidding? The only reason why things work at the office is because of you and I have to admit that you are really pretty so it was hard for me not to notice. Not to mention, you were a part of the process that hired me. Also, it was easy to tell when you were gone as Ian would freak out half the time." I gave a small chuckle.

"When I was gone?" She asked. 

"Like, last year, when you were in and out a lot. We now know why but it was noticeable when you were gone. You do a heck of a lot more for this company than you think you do. Ask anyone." I state.

"If you could've gone back in time to talk to me or whatever, do you think we'd be... different?" She asks. 

"I don't know, and we never will. I'm just glad that right here, right now, things are how they are supposed to be. You are mine and I am yours." I say to her, a loving smile on my face.

"I love you so much, Damien. You have no idea." She says.

"Trust me, I think I do." I tell her, pulling her in for another kiss.

-----

DAY 14

Jayme's POV

I woke up the next morning, feeling better that everything was kinda back to normal. I looked around and saw that the girls were gone and that was weird. I looked at the clock and saw it was noon! I guess all of the events and emotions from yesterday tired me out...

I got up, took my meds, and got dressed. I was putting on my shoes when there was a knock.

"Come on in!" I shouted.

"Hey, babe! You awake yet?" Damien asked, coming into the room.

"Yeppers! Just putting on my shoes now. How are you? Did you sleep alright?" I ask him.