Chapter 24

DAY 17

Jayme's POV

We all stood in front of the cameras, and I won't lie. I was a bit sad that this was the end. I was going to miss all of this. 

I knew that after this, I would go back to being behind my desk and doing editing. Being in front of the camera was super fun and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It was also really nice to have a good relationship with the people that I worked with now.

I am kind of disappointed at myself for not getting close to them sooner, I've been through everything with them yet I didn't reach out to them. But I guess that it doesn't matter that much anymore since I was making up for lost time.

Finally, Damien. I am so happy that things turned out the way that they did. I don't think we would be anywhere near where we are now if I haven't come. I guess I'll have to thank Kimmy one day.

Everyone stood looking at the cameras in our swimsuits, aware that this was the last time we'd be here. But it wasn't sad, it was a good feeling.

"Alright! We're here finally and it has been an amazing competition!" Matt exclaimed, making all of us cheer and clap.

"But for the first time in Summer Games history... we have a tie!" Sarah exclaimed.

"So with that in mind, the rules are going to be a little different. We have 4 awards here that will decide the winner, the team with the most awards wins! We have the Epic Fail, Total Disaster Award. Secondly, the Biggest Moment, the Prophecy Fulfilled Award. Then the MVP, the Chosen One Award. And finally, the LVP, the Cursed One Award." Matt explains.

"Well, there are 4 awards, what if it's two and two?" I ask with a chuckle.

"Yes." Ryan responded making us all laugh.

"So for the first time ever, LVP matters!" Matt says, turning to Joven. 

"You watch, it won't be Joven this time." Lasercorn points out making us all laugh.

"First up, we have the Epic Fail Award. This award goes to the person who had the biggest disaster that we can think of. This contender in years past, started a legacy with a no-look shot that has become legendary. Then, years later, he achieved another no-look shot. However, this year, that no-look shot was not meant to be. So we're presenting the Epic Fail, Total Disaster Award to... Ian Hexoc!" Ryan said.

We all clapped for him while his team cheered, "Epic fail!"

"So we're not going to address the other epic fail that happened in Winter Games?" I ask them. 

"We don't talk about that! Play the clip!" Ryan quickly says making us laugh.

"With the most epic fail, we had to go with the most epic win. And this award goes to the person who did really well across all of the games. But there was one moment in particular that had me excited, had the judges excited, and had everyone excited. But there was also another moment that they also had that had us scared for our lives! Those times were the was the surprising hidden paintball talent and the Ultimate Revenge Prank... we have Jayme Sullivan!" Sarah announces, handing me the trophies.

I start to fake cry and pout. "I wanna thank my co-workers for being mean to me." I say, everyone laughing at me. "But no seriously, I'm going to take up paintballing as a new hobby now!" I exclaim and cheer along with everyone.

"Also, you changed your hair in the middle of this series which is a bold move." Ian said. I took my hair out of its ponytail and shook my head at the camera, getting laughs from my friends.

"The next award is the LVP, the Cursed One Award. Now Joven lost his streak last year to the horrible, horrible Wes Rap. Uh, this person, just but stature, you would think they would be really good at these games. They've crushed it in previous years and they're pretty good. But, this year there were a lot of whiffs. Their belly flop was a fail, they kinda redeemed themselves with a squirrel shot during the shootout challenge even though it took about 15 to 17 times... is Shayne Topp!" Ryan shouts.