Chapter 20: Natsu vs Sting: Eating Competition

Author's Note:

Yes, I know people put Lucy's middle name as Ashley because of Edolas Lucy, but I wanted to do something different. No hate please? Also I feel bad for a short chapter last week and I was able to get some ideas so here's another! Thanks and onto the chapter.

"N-Natsu?!" I panicked. I hope he didn't see that. We had gotten closer during the last few weeks at school.

"Lucy! Yukino! Are you guys okay?!" Sting asked worriedly, running over to us. We nodded. Natsu walked over.

"Luce . . . are you a dragonslayer?"

"Uhm. . . I-I . . ." I didn't know what to say. Sure, people have found out, but only because one of us told them.

"Which one are you?" He asked, already knowing the answer to his first question. Sting looked conflicted, and Yukino looked guiltily at the ground, shifting around uncomfortably.

"I'm a zodiac dragonslayer, Natsu." I said, finally getting the courage to speak about it.

"What? But the only known zodiac dragonslayer is-" he started, beginning to piece everything together.

"Lucille Anna Heartfilia, yes. I'll explain more later. We need to pick up Wendy and get home, and don't think you're not coming with us because you are. Let's go." I said while dragging him and Yukino with me behind Sting, who was leading us to his car.

We went home first so Yukino and I could put our stuff down, and we saw how messy the house was. Yukino decided to stay at the house while we pick up Wendy so she can clean it. It looks like Sting went crazy trying to find his car keys so he could come save us from that hunter. I got back into the car and we drove to the address Wendy had texted Sting. I texted her to tell her we were here, and a few minutes later she came out with her bag, hugged a dark haired boy, who I assume was Romeo, at the door to the house, and walked to the car. I had managed to calm Sting down before she got in, because his overprotective side started to show when those two hugged.

As soon as Wendy opened the car door, her eyes widened. I realized my seal was still broken, so I quickly casted a new one before anyone else could sense my magic level.

"Lucy-san, your seal. . . did something happen?" Wendy asked as after she closed the car door.

"Yes Wendy, but we'll talk more about it after we get home." I said.

She then noticed Natsu was with us. "Lucy, Natsu knows doesn't he?" It was more of a confirmation then a question. I nodded, and no one spoke on the drive home.

We opened to door and entered our now clean house. Yukino came out of the kitchen just to whack Sting on the head for making a mess, and then went back into the kitchen to get the tea she made for us. We all sat in the living room, and once Yukino came in, Sting called Rogue to come over and stated that it was an emergency. Once Rogue arrived and sat down, I started to explain to Natsu.

"My name is Lucille Anna Heartfilia. This is my little sister Wendy Grandeeney Heartfilia, and my older brother Sting Weisalogia Heartfilia. We are the dragonslayer siblings of the Heartfilia family." I introduced us formally.

"You guys are Heartfilias?" Natsu asked. We nodded. "And Yukino and Rogue know about all of this?" We nodded again.

I continued. "Dragonslayers are rare enough, but a zodiac slayer is even more rare. No one knows what Lucy Heartfilia looks like, so that means I can go to school as long as I use an alias."

He nodded as if to say to keep going, so I did.

"You probably already know since I think it's public knowledge, but our mother died when Wendy was 2 years old. We went back yesterday to visit our father and her grave. I think that the hunter followed us home from the Heartfilia estate and found out what we look like and when to strike. Luckily he missed his first shot, and blew his cover, allowing us to become aware he was there and run." I explained.

Sting started getting mad. "I can't believe I was so focused on Dad's words that I forgot to keep my guard up."

Wendy and I giggled. "You know, we forgot he even said that." We teased. Sting blushed.

"What did he say?" Rogue asked. Yukino and Natsu looked at us with curiosity.

"Uhm. . ." Sting started but blushed more when he remembered what Dad said.

"He said "don't forget to bring my soon-to-be daughter-in-law next time you visit.'" Wendy said giving Yukino her own version of a teasing look.

Rogue chuckled. Natsu laughed. Yukino started blushing and Sting blushed more.

"Wendy I think you broke Yukino." I told her.

"I did? Sorry Yuki." She said. Yukino mumbled "D-Don't worry about it," or something like that as a response.

"Okay, let's just forget I asked. Anyways, how's the old man anyway?" Rogue asked.

"He's good. We haven't told him about Kagura, by the way. That's on you, bro." Sting replied.

Rogue was basically unofficially adopted by our dad, since his parents died when he was little. When our dad heard his story on his first visit to the estate a year ago, they got along really well, and he's considered our brother. After all, he's not so overprotective of Wendy and I without a reason. In fact I bet he and Sting have been silently planning on how to murder Romeo right now. And they've been subtly glaring at Natsu since Rogue came. I wonder why?

"Thanks. I'd rather actually have her as my girlfriend before telling him about her." He said.

"So when are you going to ask her? I told you her favorite flower for a reason, Rogue." Wendy said.

"Nani?! You did what?!" I asked, shocked. Since when has she been such matchmaker?

She gave an innocent smile as she answered. "But Lucy-san they are so cute together!"

"True. So," I said turning to Rogue, "When ARE you asking her out, my dear brother?" I gave him a mischievous yet innocent smile.

I'M the matchmaker in the family, Wendy. Not you. Sorry lil sis.

"W-Well Erza said that Kagura's gonna visit her this weekend, so I'm planning on getting her favorite flowers and asking her out then." He scratched his head, which he normally did when he was uncomfortable.

We left it at that and talked about other things. Night came and Natsu stayed for dinner. Rogue and Yukino always stayed overnight when they came to our house. They both lived alone, so they could come over anytime they wanted.

"Oh my god Luce your cooking is amazing!" Natsu said as he stuffed his face with some chicken alfredo I made.

I usually make our meals on weekdays and Wendy makes them on the weekends. We all have certain jobs. Wendy and I cook, Sting works at the local cafe and sometimes helps Dad manage the business through phone calls and online meetings. Wendy and I also clean, and Sting takes out the trash and recycle, and drives us to places. And last but not least, Sting and I take care of Wendy.

"I'm glad you like it, Natsu." I said, giving him a thank you for the compliment. We all laughed as Sting tried to have an eating competition with him. Basically, Natsu won.

"I'll win next time, Natsu! You can bet on that!" Sting swore as he lay on the ground, holding his stomach from eating too much. Something tells me he's not going to school tomorrow.