Chapter 14: Battles

We got to Mira's house and banged on the door. She opened it and Erza pushed us all in, then closed and locked the door a few seconds before Rogue and Kagura got there.

We were all panting while Mira looked at us, not knowing that we almost died at the hands of Erza's sister and her boyfriend.

I handed her the pictures and she squealed. She looked at them closer and her eyes widened. She looked at Erza, and Erza nodded.

Mira walked towards the door, and the four of us hid behind her couch.

We found a position where we could see them but they couldn't see us.

Mira opened the door to a panting Kagura and Rogue. Mira had an excited look on her face and pulled Kagura in, with Rogue following.

Kagura looked at the pictures in her hand and sighed. "Dang it," she muttered.

Mira looked like she was going to explode with happiness.

Kagura held up three fingers and counted down.

3...

2...

1...

Right on the one, Mira went crazy. I'd never seen her so hyper before. She talked so quick that no one understood a word she said, but that didn't stop her.

"KaguraIcan'tbelieveyouhaveaboyfriendnowItotallyshipithowhaveyoubeenIhaven'tseenyouinawhilewhereandhowdidyoumeetRogueTELLMEEVERYTHING!!!" She talked so fast that I almost couldn't understand her. She breathed in deep and exhaled for a few minutes, catching her breath. She was full of energy again and pulled Kagura to the couch we were hiding behind, and sat them both down.

"Tell. Now." Mira demanded.

"Well you haven't changed much. Fine." Kagura replied.

Kagura spent the next hour telling Mira how they met and what they usually did while hanging out. Rogue was filling in missing pieces of the story. They acted just like a real couple, finishing each other's sentences. It was adorable.

Oh god I really have to stop hanging around Mira.

So to sum up the last hour, Rogue and Kagura met at a dojo last year, where they were both taking lessons in swordfighting. Their schedules with their mentor got mixed up so they arrived for their lessons which were at the same time with the same mentor, so their mentor took both of them at the same time and they had a mini tournament to test what they've learned. Long story short, Kagura won. Before doing the contest, they had bet that the loser would buy the winner their favorite food, so after their lesson, they went to a cafe and Rogue bought Kagura some cheesecake.

They really are sisters, aren't they.

They talked and ate, and swapped numbers because they had fun. They also convinced their mentor to do joint lessons again. Rogue apparently had a losing streak of 56 nothing. Pretty hilarious if you ask me. After a few months, Rogue asked Kagura on a date, and it went well. The date that we spied on was actually their 6th date.

Erza couldn't take anymore of listening to them and popped out from behind the couch.

"But You didn't tell me you went on a few dates with a guuyy!" She whined.

Kagura sweat dropped. "There was a reason ya know." She said.

Erza pouted, and Kagura gave her a piece of cake and a fork from the cafe. Erza took it and ate it in two bites.

"Thank you!" She said as she chewed.

Since our cover was pretty much blown, me, Yukino, Levy, and Wendy stood up too.

Wendy went over and hugged Kagura.

"I missed you Kagy!" She said.

Kagura laughed as she heard Wendy's old nickname for her.

"Haven't heard that one in a while!" She said as she hugged the girl in her arms. "Also, you guys are still in your disguises."

We looked down at our clothes and laughed.

Levy took off the purple wig she was wearing. She didn't really have much of a disguise on in the first place. Just a wig and a blue version of her favorite dress.

"We wouldn't have been caught if Rogue wasn't a dragonslayer and caught our scents." I mentioned.

"Fair enough." He said.

"Wait! Can we have a tournament of our own? Like Kagura's story? Except we use magic." Wendy asked.

Erza clapped her hands. "Yes!"

Kagura and Rogue agreed.

Yukino said it was fine, and Levy was unsure of her ability to win.

"It's not about winning, it's just a game. Just have fun and it's worth it." I reminded her.

"Okay, then I'm in!" She exclaimed.

Mira wanted to be the ref, and Lisanna came downstairs saying she wanted to watch. Elfman came down too. "Tournaments are MANLY!" He shouted.

Lisanna laughed. "Yes Big Brother Elf, they are."

"Wait, where will we battle?" Mira asked.

Rogue, Wendy, and I just smiled.

"Our family owns a colosseum. We always battle there!" Wendy said.

"Then let's go!" Said Erza.

Wow, she's really excited.

We got to the colosseum and decided who we would go up against. We decided to do a one vs one battle style tournament. Here are the pairs:

Wendy vs Levy
Kagura vs Rogue
Lucy vs Yukino
Erza vs Mirajane

Erza didn't have anyone to battle so Mira stepped up, and Lisanna took over her referee job with Elfman.

Wendy and Levy went first, and Lisanna blew the whistle for the battle to begin.

Author's Note:

I'm going to have a chapter for each battle, by the way. The battles are going to be in the order that the pairs are. Thanks for reading.

- Nova