Chapter 26: Hiding a Novel

Everyone looked back at me in surprise, except for Yukino. She's the only one who knew about it.

"Lu-chan, you're writing a novel?" Levy asked me.

"Uhm . . . I . . .What the heck Natsu?!" I said while blushing bright red.

"What? It's not a bad thing. The parts I read were pretty good," he said while scratching his head and minding his business.

"You read it?! Oh god no one was supposed to read it!" I said, wanting to die in a hole right now.

"What's the point of writing something if  you want no one to read it?" Sting asked.

"B-Because I'm a horrible writer!" I replied.

"No you aren't! Didn't I just say I liked the parts of it I read?" Natsu said.

I paused. "Y-You really liked it?" I said, dumbfounded.

"Yeah! It's the only book I've ever actually wanted to read more of." He said nonchalantly.

I smiled, and my smile turned into a laugh.

"Wow, I really thought no one would read it. But this just goes to show how nosey you are, Natsu," I pointed out.

"See Lucy? I told you it was good," Yukino said.

"Yukino you knew about it?" Sting asked.

"Yeah of course. I'm one of her best friends, why wouldn't I know? In fact she was planning on telling Levy soon, but Natsu kinda ruined the surprise," she said as she sweat dropped.

"Lucy can I read it?!" Levy asked excitedly. I got really flustered when she asked that.

"I-I mean, if you really want to," I said.

"Yay! I'm gonna come over tomorrow to read it, is that okay?" She asked.

"Yeah that's fine. I should have another chapter of it done by then," I said.

"Wait really? I'm coming over too then!" Natsu added.

"Um, yeah sure," I said.

I wanted to change the subject, feeling embarrassed. So I did.

"Let's head to the arcade now!" I suggested.

"Alright! Let's go!" Wendy said excitedly.

"Wait!" Rogue suddenly said. We all looked back at him, "we never introduced ourselves to Laxus yet." He pointed out.

"Oh yeah! Okay, guys line up and say your names and relations!" Mira instructed.

"I'm Lucy," I started.

"My name is Wendy! I'm Lucy's sister!"

"I'm Sting, their older brother."

"Rogue, somewhat adopted older brother."

"Levy! One of Lucy's best friends!"

"Yukino, Sting's girlfriend and one of Lucy's best friends."

"Natsu, but Laxus already knows that. Luce's friend."

"Nah ah ah!" Mira interrupted him, "You said it wrong. You meant to say Lucy's BOYFRIEND," She said as she put on one of her matchmaking grins.

"No no no she's wrong! Natsu and I are not dating. Laxus if you know her then you know how she is with ships." I said to him.

"Well yeah of course I do. I can't be her boyfriend if I don't at least know THAT about her. But she's right. Mira, this is one of your better ships, despite Natsu being an absolute dense idiot," he agreed with her.

"Okay, I now know what she meant when she said Laxus was her partner in crime," Levy said.

"Crime meaning matchmaking," Yukino agreed.

"Well good luck Lucy. You're stuck with this. Bye!" Levy said as she walked away.

"Levy-chan! Don't leave me with her!" I yelled after her.

"I'm not getting in the middle of this! She's a demon when it comes to this. She's ruthless! Sorry Lucy! I'll make it up to you I promise!" She said as she left.

"Wow. So that's betrayal, huh?" I said. Note the sarcasm.

"Well I would love to witness some more NaLu moments, but Laxus promised he would join me in helping cook dinner for my family. Him being the sweet boyfriend he is. We will have to take a rain check on the arcade. Sorry Lucy! I'll text you Laxus' number so you can call him in case something like that happens again," Mira said.

"I'm your go-to now, aren't I?" I asked, laughing.

"Yep! Bye guys." She said as she and Laxus left.

Not wanting to go to the arcade without any of them, the rest of us just went to my house to hangout.

Yukino decided to sleepover in Sting's room, while Wendy went over to Romeo's for the rest of the day, planning to have a sleepover with him. They had really gotten close since they met. Wendy said that Juvia was joining the sleepover, so it's fine with us. Romeo is a really nice boy, I just need to convince Sting and Rogue of that so they will stop being so overprotective. Natsu was playing with Nevaeh and Happy on my bed.

I was looking for a better place to hide my writing. I don't want another Natsu incident whenever I bring someone over. I can't believe I left the papers out on accident! That was mostly my fault. I had to keep my door open anyway because Nevaeh was napping on my bed and I didn't have the heart to move her. She was just too cute!

I got my chair and stood on it, putting the writing-filled papers behind some books on the shelves attached to my starry walls. That should be a good enough place for now. I got back down and walked over to my bed. I pushed Natsu over and sat down, picking up Nevaeh and sitting her on my lap as she started purring.

"So Luce, what do ya do for fun?" Natsu asked, probably bored.

"Well let's see . . ." I said in thought.

"Writing, reading, si- . . . And that's it basically," I said, hoping he hadn't caught my mistake.

"You were about to say something else, what was it?" He asked.

I mentally sighed at his amazing dragon ears. I had to think of something quick that started with "s."

"Oh, well I was going to say sewing, but then I remembered I haven't done it in a while so I don't think that counts as something I do for fun." I said, hoping he'd buy it.

"Oh, okay!" He said, turning his attention to Happy again.

I can't believe I almost said "singing." I have to be more careful. I then began to think about Mom, which led me to think about visiting her grave again, which of course, led me to thinking about visiting Dad and the others tomorrow since we were off school. I took a deep breath and decided to ask Natsu.

"Hey Natsu?" I asked.

"What is it?"

"Do you maybe want to . . . come with us to visit my father and the estate tomorrow?"