Chapter 15 Battle 1: Wendy vs Levy

Guys I'm rewatching the grand magic games arc and I just got to this part (shown in media). This chapter is kinda pre-written btw so this is the same day I published the last chapter, just a few hours later though. I really dislike Jellal right now. He ruined my Jerza! 😭😭😤😤 Sorry just had to say that. Now onto the story.

(Still Lucy's POV by the way):

"My sister or my best friend, who should I vote for to win?" I mumbled, asking myself.

"Ahem." Said Yukino, who was right next to me.

"Huh? Oh sorry. 'My sister or ONE OF my best friends." I repeated.

"That's better!" She said.

I laughed.

We heard the whistle blow and saw the battle begin. I decided to vote for both of them.

"Come on guys! Give us a good fight!" I shouted, cheering them on.

"Solid Script: Iron!"

The attack shot at Wendy but missed, because she jumped up, dodging it.

From the air, she roared her sky dragon roar.

Levy barely dodged it. Wendy landed back into the ground and casted an agility spell. She advanced her speed and coordination with it.

Levy saw this and started moving faster. She tried again. "Solid Script: Lightning!"

Multiple lightning bolts rain down on Wendy, and this time she got hit by a few, even with her speed.

"Sky Dragon Roar!" Wendy directed a roar at Levy, who used her magic to defend herself again.

"Solid Script: Iron Wall!"

She created walls around herself and she was encased in a steel box. Wendy attacked the walls a few times, and then finally broke one. We looked in but Levy wasn't there.

She came up behind Wendy and whispered, "Solid Script: Fire."

Wendy got knocked into one of the unbroken walls, but she moved quickly. A bright light surrounded her. I smirked, wondering how Levy was going to handle Wendy in dragon force mode.

When Wendy is in her dragon force, Her agility, magic power, and physical strength go up even more. Levy may be advanced in speed, and hard to hit since she's small, but only one of those factors can possibly help her in this situation.

"Sky dragon Talons!"

Wendy ran in a circle around Levy, then attacked. She hit her twice, and when the dust cleared, Levy was kneeling, panting. Wendy was down, panting as well. She put her hand up to call a surrender. Levy won.

We all ran out onto the battle field. Everyone but Rogue and I were confused.

"How did Wendy get on the ground? I thought she hit Levy?" Asked Erza.

I helped Wendy up as Yukino helped up Levy. "Wendy used too much magic power, and collapsed because it took most of her energy away. It takes a lot of magic power to even activate dragon force, not counting how much she uses when she's in it. She also used a lot of power to break down those irons walls, and hit Levy in the beginning of the battle." I explained.

Yukino nodded. "It's a lot like our celestial magic in a way. The longer you summon a spirit, or in Wendy's case summon her dragon force, the more magic energy you use."

The others except Rogue made an o with their mouths.

We decided to move on with the next battle while Wendy and Levy got their energy and magic power back.

The next battle pitted Kagura against Rogue. They agreed in advance that this was going to be a battle with swords instead of magic. Then whoever wins will use magic for the rest of the tournament. Rogue must really want to break his losing streak.

Author's Note:

I decided to publish this early because it's Christmas. Hope you enjoyed!