College Friends.

Liam was getting ready for work,he was fixing his tie grabbing his briefcase saying,"Kelsey! Come on,you'll be late for school!" and Kelsey ran out her room with her bag saying,"I'm ready." running downstairs.
    They got into his car and Liam dropped her off at school heading to work, he took the elevator upstairs to his office and Chase greeted him handing him a coffee.
"Usual morning rush?"
"You know how it is when you have a 15 year old girl to raise." Liam said.
"How is Kelsey? After the divorce and everything."
"She's adjusting. Refuses to see Amanda but what can I do?"
"Amanda still begging to see her?"
"Yeah but Kelsey would rather stay with me,she says she can't be around her anymore."
Chase nodded going to his office.
    It was a long day at work,Liam left in the evening heading home. Kelsey was in her room doing homework,he went to check on her and she asked,"How's Chase?"
"Good. He asked about you."
"Okay." Kelsey said. "I got homework to finish."
"Right." Liam said going to his room showering after a long day.

Chase was in his office doing work and Liam came asking if he was still coming over Sunday for their usual tennis game.
"Wouldn't miss it." Chase said.
"I had to beg Kelsey to see her Mom this weekend."
"How'd that go?"
"Bribed her with shopping."
"That always works." Chase said smiling.
"I just wish she didn't harbor so much animosity towards Amanda. I know she was hardly ever around but she really wants to try and make it up."
"You can only do so much. Kelsey's a strong minded girl."
"One of my traits." Liam said sheepishly.
"One of your strongest traits." Chase said smiling.
     On Saturday,Kelsey went to see her Mom who was so happy to see her. Liam hoped it went well going to the office knowing that Kelsey wouldn't hesitate to leave at the slightest disagreement. In the evening, Kelsey called her Dad talking with him and,as expected,she wanted to come home.
     On Sunday,Chase came over for their tennis game. They were playing and took a break,Chase said,"You still know how to play. You beat me six-love."
"Practice." Liam said smiling. ,"You up for another round?"
"I'm home!"
"Kelsey."
"Dad? Are you out here?"
"Right here,honey."
Kelsey came outside with her bags and said,"Hi,Chase."
"What happened? I was supposed to get you this evening."
"I couldn't stay there anymore! She drove me crazy. I got a taxi and left!" she huffed. "I'm going to my room." she went upstairs and Liam ran a hand through his hair sighing while Chase said nothing.