Are We Best Friends?

Chase was with Liam playing tennis on Saturday,he was playing and,as usual, Liam was beating him six-love. They had a water break,Liam wiped his face while Chase took deep breaths.
"That was a good game." Chase said.
"It was." Liam said.
"Are you okay? You look like something's troubling you." Chase asked concerned.
   Liam stood sighing running a hand through his hair,he looked at Chase who stood saying,"What is it? You can tell me."
"Chase,Amanda has cancer."
"Cancer?" Chase asked in shock. "How?"
"She got the diagnosis a few months ago. It's leukemia. It's advanced and the doctors say she has a year or two left. The treatment is not really doing anything." Liam sat fighting tears.
    Chase sat and said,"Does Kelsey know?" and Liam said,"Amanda doesn't want her to know."
"But,Liam,that's her mother. She has to know."
"I keep telling Amanda that but she doesn't want Kelsey to know. She doesn't want to worry her."
"But it's not like it's something small, it's leukemia. Cancer! How can she keep this from Kelsey?"
"Promise me you won't tell her." Liam said. "Promise me!"
"I won't. I promise."
Liam hugged him. "You're such a good friend,Chase. I don't know what I would do without you."
Chase hugged him feeling like a liar and knowing he was.

Kelsey was visiting her Mom,she really didn't want to but Liam insisted on it so she went. Amanda was so happy to see her and Kelsey tried to be happy about spending time with her,Amanda prepared her favorite meal and Kelsey was trying to be happy.
   Amanda was so happy to spend time with her daughter and Kelsey was trying to enjoy being with her,they talked and Amanda asked about school and what was going on in her life.
"I'm just so happy to spend time with my daughter!" Amanda said hugging her tightly smiling when she felt nauseous.
"Are you okay?" Kelsey asked.
Amanda nodded running to the bathroom to vomit,she kept vomiting and Kelsey asked if she was okay.
"I'm fine,honey. It's nothing." Amanda said rinsing her mouth.
   Liam came to pick up Kelsey in the evening,Kelsey was eager to go home but Liam wanted to talk to Amanda for a while so Kelsey went to wait in the car.
"Are you sure you're okay? You can spend the night with us." Liam said.
"No,Liam. I'll be okay. It's just nausea. It's the chemo. I'll be fine." Amanda said.
"I'll come by tomorrow. Okay? But get some rest." Liam said hugging her.
"I'll see you tomorrow." Amanda said waving goodbye smiling watching them leave.