It's Over Between Us.

Kelsey was going to the market and Chase went to her,she kept walking and he ran after her stopping her.
“Kelsey? What's the matter with you? I was calling you.”
“I guess I didn't hear you.” Kelsey said.
“Oh.” Chase said. “Well,your Dad must be glad you're back home?”
“Depends on your definition of happy. I found out he lied to me.”
“About what?”
“That Mom had cancer. That she died.” Kelsey wiped away her tears.
     Chase was quiet and Kelsey asked him,“What's wrong?” looking at him.
“I knew about your Mom's cancer. Liam told me. He made me promise not to tell you.”
Kelsey watched him in disbelief and walked away,Chase ran after her trying to explain but Kelsey refused to listen.
   He grabbed her hand and she said angrily,“Let go of me!” but Chase refused to saying,“We can talk about it. I didn't want to keep it from you!”
“And yet you did!” Kelsey said angrily.
“Kelsey,I had no choice. He was my best friend.”
“And now he isn't!” Kelsey said.
“Kelsey,I love you. I never meant to hurt you.”

Kelsey ran away and Chase ran after her ending up in the park,he tried to get her to listen but Kelsey refused and tried to leave but he wouldn't let her until she listened to him. She said,“Chase,if you really love me,leave me alone.”
“Kelsey...”
“I mean it,Chase! Just stay away from me. It's over between us.”
“So,why did you come back?”
  Kelsey said tiredly,“Because I wanted to! It was time for me to come back home. I didn't come back for you!” she put her hands together. “Please,just stay away from me!” she walked away and Chase looked at her.
    In the evening,Kelsey was outside smoking a cigarette and her Dad came saying,“I'm going to have to get used to you smoking.”
“Why didn't you tell me?” Kelsey asked. “That Mom had cancer? That she died?”
“Your Mom made me promise not to tell you. She didn't want to worry you.”
“So lying to me makes it better?”
“Kelsey,try to understand.”
“Understand what,Dad? That you sent me to boarding school for screwing your former best friend? Or for lying to me about Mom?” Kelsey said angrily tossing her cigarette putting it out going upstairs to her room.
   Liam sat feeling stupid and heard Kelsey slam her door holding his head in frustration.