Broken Trust/Ruined Friendship.

Kelsey was in a car,the driver was putting her bags in the trunk and Liam looked at her with disappointment and hurt. The driver got in the car and Kelsey pleaded with her Dad to change his mind but he walked away.
    Chase tried to call Liam to apologize but Liam refused to hear anything he had to say,he stopped playing tennis with him and they didn't talk when they saw each other at work. Liam wanted nothing to do with Chase and stopped talking to Kelsey.
     Amanda's condition worsened and Liam was getting worried about her more and more,he stayed with her and didn't tell her about Kelsey or the incident between him and Chase deciding she didn't need that stress. He never read Kelsey's letters or answered her calls either.

A year passed,Kelsey stopped trying to contact her Dad and Chase transferred to another company. Liam was in the kitchen having a drink,he was starting to miss his daughter and wondered if he had been to harsh about the situation. Yes,he felt betrayed but Kelsey was still his daughter and he and Chase had been friends a long time.
    Kelsey had made friends in her boarding school and forgotten about her old life,she was enjoying boarding school and didn't miss her Dad at all but thought about Chase and how he was doing. She never forgot about what happened and felt bad for ruining his life.
      It was almost Christmas,Kelsey got a letter from her Dad and ripped it up tossing it in the trash. She was with friends at a coffee shop listening to poetry and enjoying a latte,she wasn't going home for the holidays and didn't bother to call her Dad to wish him a Merry Christmas.

Liam was getting depressed living in an empty house,he missed his daughter and her laughter and joy that she brought to his life. Amanda was getting worse and was on life support,she was on a ventilator to breathe and had lost control of her bodily functions,she'd suffered kidney failure and Liam knew she didn't have much time left anymore.
     It was late,Liam heard the phone ring waking up turning on the light. He answered and nearly dropped the phone,he covered his mouth feeling tears in his eyes. Amanda had died. He listened promising to go to the hospital in the morning and hung up crying uncontrollably.