Everyone Has Secrets.

Liam was at a Café having a cup of coffee waiting for Amanda, he'd gotten a call from her to meet her and he agreed wondering what it was about since she sounded urgent. He saw her come in and waved her over.
"Thanks for meeting me." Amanda said.
"You sounded urgent." Liam said.
"I know. I just came from the doctor."
"The doctor?" Liam asked. "For what?"
    Amanda hesitated then said,"Liam. I know our marriage didn't work out but I need you to promise you won't tell Kelsey this."
"What's wrong?"
"Liam." Amanda said taking his hands, "I have leukemia."
Liam turned pale. "What? Leukemia? How?"
"They found it a few months ago. It's advanced. Treatment won't do much but I had to tell you." Amanda looked away. "The doctors think I have a chance at a year or two to live but my chances don't look good."
    Liam said,"Why didn't you say something to me when you found out?"
"I didn't want to worry you." Amanda said.
"Amanda,this isn't something you keep from me. This is cancer! Do you understand that? Blood cancer." Liam said seriously. "You're telling me this now. How could you keep this from me?"
"Just promise me you won't tell Kelsey? I don't want her to worry."
Liam thought then said,"I won't tell her." looking at her trying not to cry.

Kelsey was in her room studying for a test,she was quiet and Liam knocked on the door opening it.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah. Just studying."
"Your Mom asked if you were okay."
"Okay." Kelsey said and continued studying.
Liam went to the kitchen and Kelsey finished studying for her test.
    In the evening,Kelsey was having a shower. She was washing her hair and rinsed off,she got out drying off going to her room getting dressed. She went to the kitchen making a cup of tea and went to her room watching TV then fell asleep.
    Amanda was in her room,she stood on the balcony looking at the sky and thought, Kelsey is still mad about me not being the Mom I should've been. I know I've been absent throughout her life and never fulfilled my duties as her mother. But I can't let her know about my cancer. I can't. She went to bed crying.