Hidden Lies.

Kelsey was in the park having an ice- cream while reading,she was on a park bench alone and her phone rang.
"Hi,Dad. Yes,I'll be home soon. Okay. Bye." Kelsey said finishing her ice cream and went home. Liam was in the kitchen having a drink when he got a call.
    Kelsey got home saying,"I'm home." looking around. "Dad?" she went upstairs then downstairs but Liam wasn't around. She went to her room when she got a text,she read it. " 'Kelsey,something came up at work. Will be home in a couple hours. Love, Dad.'" she put the phone down laying in bed.
    Liam was in the hospital,he was waiting for the doctor. Amanda had fainted at home and her sister called him to get to the hospital quickly. The doctor came and said,"She's stable. We have her on an IV. She's going to have to stay a few days."
"Will she be okay?"
"I have to be honest with you,it doesn't look good. The cancer is too advanced. She's very weak and her vitals aren't good."
Liam sat crying and the doctor said,"We're doing all we can." he left.

Liam got home and Kelsey went downstairs,she saw him washing his face and he looked at her. He looked like he'd been crying and Kelsey asked,"Dad,are you okay?"
"I'm fine,Kelsey. I'm just a little tired right now." he poured himself a drink and went to his room.
    In the evening,Kelsey was in bed reading when her phone chimed. It was a text from Chase. She replied and they talked,she smiled sending him a picture of her and Liam came asking if she was okay.
"I'm fine,Dad. Just chatting with a friend."
Liam nodded and went downstairs, Kelsey finished her book going to shower.
    Kelsey was with Chase at the museum,they talked and Kelsey said,"I keep getting a strange feeling Dad's hiding something from me."
"Like what?"
"I don't know. Just something. Lately, he's been acting differently. There are times I've seen him crying."
"I'm sure it's nothing. Maybe it's just work." Chase said.
"Whatever it is,I hope he'll be okay." Kelsey said sadly.
Chase hugged her and she said,"I love you,Chase. I really,really love you." crying.