A Father's Suspicion.

Kelsey was in her room doing her Math homework,she was listening to music when her Dad came to check on her.
“Are you okay?” Liam asked.
“Yeah. Just doing homework.” Kelsey said.
Liam sat on her bed,he wanted to tell her about her Mom but knew Amanda would be upset if he did.
    Kelsey looked at him and Liam noticed a mark on her neck,he got a closer look at it and said,“Is that a hickey on your neck?”
“Uh...” Kelsey didn't know how to answer that and Liam said,“Kelsey,are you dating someone?” looking at her seriously. “What I mean is,are you... having sex?”
Kelsey got quiet and Liam looked at her waiting for an answer.
     Liam asked again and Kelsey said, "N-No,Dad. I'm not having sex." she covered the hickey saying,“This is just from rehearsal. Andre and I were running lines and there was a kiss, I guess he got carried away."
“Andre? That boy who's had a crush on you since 5th Grade?"
"Yes."
Liam nodded and said,“Okay." he stood leaving and Kelsey sighed in relief.

Kelsey was with Chase in the kitchen, she was making dinner with him and Chase held her waist kissing her neck passionately whispering softly,“I love spending time with you.” and Kelsey said,“You need to ease up on the neck kisses,my Dad saw the hickey asking if I was having sex.”
“What'd you tell him?”
“That a boy in my class gave them to me during rehearsal in Literature class." smiling.
     They had dinner and dessert,Chase led Kelsey out to the balcony and they admired the stars in the sky. Chase danced with her and she held him close, he rested her head on his shoulder stroking her hair softly. Kelsey woke up seeing Chase asleep,she got out of bed going to the bathroom then the kitchen.
     She went back to bed and Chase held her close,she slept holding his hand smiling. In the morning,Kelsey was getting dressed after a shower and Chase brought her a cup of coffee.
“Thanks.” she said taking a sip.
They had breakfast and Kelsey left going home.

She went to her room and her Dad asked seriously,“Where were you all night?” looking at her raising a brow.
“I was studying at a friend's house. I lost track of time.”
“Uh-huh.” Liam said clearly not believing her. “Did you have breakfast yet?”
“Yes.”
Liam nodded and Kelsey went to her room,Liam looked at his daughter strangely wondering why she smelled like cologne. He knew that cologne. Kelsey,I've always been able to trust you. I know you're lying to me. And I'm going to find out what you're really up to. He went to the study.