22

Luke insisted on taking the day off work to be with Ashton just in case anything happened. And this was also a good reason to just be with his boyfriend. Though he couldn't do that without a very stubborn argument from Ashton. But finally, he gave in knowing he'd probably never win an argument with Luke ever when he's set on something.

"Alright, since we're both here not doing anything, why don't we have you settle in?" Luke suggested. "Or I can do it if your head is hurting." He added to which Ashton shook his head. "No, I can do it, I don't have a lot of stuff anyways."

They only unpacked the important things as of right now, which included his clothes, shoes, toiletries, and his books of course. Which believe it or not was most of the things that were packed. The rest were photos and memories that Robert and Shirley insisted he took as well.

"That did not take that long." Luke commented. "Yeah well, I didn't have a lot of stuff. Take it as a blessing." Ashton spoke truthfully as he saw the last remaining item in the box.

How could he ever forget that? The jar with his saved up money for his college tuition. Now, he could put it in his bank account, but with something as important as this, he didn't trust any bank. They always take out unnecessary fees and people hack them all the time. It was a risk he just wasn't going to take. Not when his whole future laid on the line.

So, he placed it under the bed on the side where he slept, as close as he could get to the leg of the bed to where it couldn't be seen.

"Okay, everything is unpacked." Ashton spoke with a smile as he walked into the living room to see Luke tidying things up. "Okay good, we need to go somewhere. But it can wait if your head is still hurting."

"No. I'm fine. I promise."

Luke nodded while Ashton was only told to put his shoes on with no knowledge of where they were going or what Luke had in mind.

"Where are we going?" Ashton asked as soon as they drove off. "You'll see Sugar. Don't worry." Luke smiled.

Ashton anxiously bounced his leg trying to figure out where they were going until they pulled into a little shopping center parking lot. "Grocery shopping?"

Luke chuckled lightly,"Well we do need to get stuff so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. But that's not the exact reason why we're here."

They walked hand in hand inside the store and right next to the second set of automatic doors was a key machine that copied keys. "I figured since you're officially moved in. I'd give you a key."

Ashton didn't know what to think. Obviously it was something that was bound to happen but he just didn't think much of it, figuring it would just happen later on. Standing there in shock not saying anything at all as Luke placed the key in the slot for it to start being copied.

"You okay?" He asked waving a hand in front of Ashton. "Um, yeah, you just caught me off guard that's all." Luke nodded and within one more minute or so there were now 2 keys. "Wow, I can't believe it. It doesn't feel real."

"Well believe it Sugar, and don't lose that key, it's the only one you're getting and you can't use mine." They laughed softly as they now entered the actual store grabbing a cart.

Luke pushed the cart while Ashton grabbed things off the list he may or may not have stolen from Luke's pocket. Although, it should've been the other way around because things that were on the top shelf did not agree with the short boy.

Luke went to grab milk real quick since they were in the cereal aisle and Ashton was taking forever trying to pick two boxes, but how could he pick just 2 when there were so many.