36

"Dad I don't like this. Just have me do it." Michael begged. "No, you have your four year anniversary with Calum, don't bail on him." Frank protested.

And he was right, as much as Michael wanted to do this instead of Luke, he couldn't flake on the one guy who's stuck through it all despite knowing everything. It wouldn't be fair to him. "I hate it when you're right." He grumbled while walking away.

As if on cue, Calum walked in their house like he normally did since he's basically family. "Hi babe. You ready?" He smiled greeting Michael with a kiss. "Almost. I need your help."

"Picking an outfit?"

"You know me so well."

Michael's dad has a friend who owns an extremely nice restaurant that takes months to get a reservation in, but luckily, he got the couple in for that night. Calum was in awe at how fancy it was, even more in awe when he saw the price.

"Get whatever you want baby." Michael smiled looking at the menu. "Mike this is crazy expensive. I can't let you buy me anything from here." Calum frowned closing the menu and setting it back down on the table. "You know money isn't an issue with me. Besides I wanna treat my handsome guy on our anniversary. Let me do this."

Calum reluctantly agreed because, who can say no to Michael?

They ate their food and that's when they soon realized that despite the fancy names and photos, the food was actually quite disgusting. However, they finished it, but respectfully declined dessert as they were just going to get ice cream instead.

"Man, that was such a disappointment." Michael laughed as he undid his tie while sitting down at a table inside the shop. "You're telling me. You're lucky I ordered the least expensive thing on there and you're also lucky I'm paying for dessert." Calum spoke up. "What? I didn't agree to this."

"That's too bad. And since you love me so so much, you'll let me do this." Calum smiled victoriously knowing he will most definitely win this argument. "Okay. Rocky—"

"Mikey, it's like we never gotten ice cream before and you act like I don't know you. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't know something as simple as his favorite ice cream." Michael chuckled softly looking at him fondly.

The 2 ate their ice cream in peace with each other reminiscing on the past anniversaries happily. Though they didn't stay there for long since Michael promised Joy Calum would be home at a certain time. It was also Michael who was very persistent on this curfew because he didn't want the brunette staying out too late seeing how dangerous it's been lately.

"Thank you for bringing him home on time Michael." Joy beamed as the couple said their goodbyes. "Of course, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't." The 3 laughed as Michael walked away but not before Calum told him to text the boy when he got home safely.

But Michael wasn't going home. Looking at the clock, if he sped just slightly he could be there with Luke just in case this went sideways.

Michael found Luke's car, trying to park at a distance but still being able to see what was happening in the dark alley. Then seeing 2 shadows, watching intently making sure not to miss anything, it was going smoothly until another shadow appeared and both pulling out guns aiming it at Luke.

Michael ran out the car bolting it towards his friend, pulling out the gun he had tucked away standing in front of Luke. "Mike? What the fuck are you doing?"

"Saving your ass. You got your stuff, now go." He sneered at the 2 men. "Well you see, after the last encounter my boss doesn't like being ripped off, so we got to make amends with him somehow."