Epilogue

A Month Later

"I-I don't think I'm doing this right." Luke sighed softly trying to tie the God damn tie that hung around his neck. "Out of all the things you taught yourself. Why wasn't this one of them?" Calum joked with a laugh.

"Fuck off. I never thought I'd wear a tie in my life."

"Not even for your wedding?"

"I didn't think I'd get married." He simply said as Calum tightened the tie one last time before stepping away.

"Wow." Michael and Calum spoke looking at their friend in awe and in shock that this was the first time they've seen their friend wearing a suit.

"If only he got the actual first look." Luke smiled softly to himself looking at his reflection in the mirror feeling anxious when thinking about Ashton.

"Okay. I'm off. Thanks guys. I'll see you later."

As Luke drove away from his home gripping the steering wheel when all the nerves washed over him as he turned into that familiar neighborhood again.

Finding a parking spot in front of the house he eagerly walked up knocking on the door politely. Soon it opened and Luke immediately began smiling ear to ear when seeing the guy he loved the most looking absolutely beautiful in his winter formal suit.

"Hi." Ashton smiled when looking at his boyfriend up and down to capture all the beauty that lay upon him.

"You look absolutely beautiful Sugar." Luke breathed out stepping in the home before greeting Ashton with a soft kiss on the lips. "I can say the same to you. I'm excited for tonight."

"Me too."

"Oh my goodness! You guys look wonderful!" Shirley exclaimed walking in with Robert. "Let us take some pictures before you guys head off."

As Luke stood there with his arm around Ashton's waist he couldn't help but think about how quickly he's healed. A month ago he got shot and it seemed like he wasn't going to pull through. On an act of God, he did and at first Ashton wasn't himself. But who would be? He got shot for crying out loud. Twice. The nightmares that weren't a big problem before became an absolute problem after the fact.

Nights on end when Luke would stay up comforting a crying Ashton in the middle of the night while he trembled in the blondes arms. It was hard for him to put himself back out there again with social things. Parties were a big one, there weren't many they went to, but the first one after getting shot wasn't the best. But thankfully with a little more time Ashton was as good as new. And he couldn't thank anyone else but Luke. It was Luke who stayed with him through it all, through thick and thin he was there.

When winter formal came around the corner, the 2 thought it would be cheesy getting ready separately so they could get that first look which made everything better.

"Okay, we're going." Ashton spoke after his face began cramping from smiling too much. "Be safe and have fun."

They entered the car, but Luke didn't start it right away. Instead he sat there with a look of concern and fright on his face. "What is it? What happened? Are you okay?"

"Sugar. When I first met you I wasn't the most welcoming. It took a while for me to open up to you fully, but I did it. You didn't push me or force me to do things that were out of my comfort zone and I'll forever be thankful for you. I was scared to rely on someone, but you helped and showed me that I didn't have to be. Because of you I feel like my life is a lot less stressful, I feel like all this unnecessary weight on my shoulders I was carrying are gone, and I know for a fact I am so much happier because of you. And I honestly don't know what the future holds, but if you're not in it I do not want it. I want you now, forever, and always. I love you so fucking much." The blonde cried almost making Ashton cry before he paused taking out a small ring from his pocket.