45

Ashton couldn't sleep. It wasn't a good night, though all the twisting and turning in bed made time go by faster, or that's what it seemed. It wasn't like he was up all night, he fell asleep here and there but only for an hour at the most. Before he knew it, the sun started to shine through the curtains.

Groaning softly not wanting to wake the now blonde boy up, he carefully stood on his legs, walking cautiously to the coffee table in the living room to start doing his assignments.

As one would, he set aside all the math papers. He decided to do those last. Hopefully Luke would help. Or do them himself which ever worked.

Though, he started on literature, his favorite if it wasn't obvious. They had to read a book of their choice and do an essay about it. So deciding which book to do it on, the reading began.

Ashton didn't start out as a fast reader, he was actually falling behind in his prime years. But the more he fell in love with it the more he wanted to read. Which was giving him the practice that was needed.

Before he knew it, he was reading anytime, everywhere. Every distraction around would be unnoticed. Which may not really be a good thing in public places, but Ashton didn't care.

"Babe?" A voice called.

Soon enough those footsteps followed becoming louder and louder as they neared. "Why did you leave me?" The blonde frowned.

"I got homework babe. And I couldn't sleep, so I just thought I'd get an early start." Luke nodded,"You sleeping okay?"

"Yeah. As long as I'm with you." Ashton smiled going back to reading his book when it was softly taken. "You know you can talk to me."

"Yeah I know, but there's not much to talk about Lukey. I promise. When there is I'll tell you." The blonde smiled again handing the book back as he made himself comfortable on the couch, which happened to include sprawling his legs out all over Ashton.

Giggles filled the room but nonetheless they both found comfort in the positions they were in. Then the room became silent.

Luke was too tired too speak but not too tired to think. He kept thinking about David's words. He didn't really peg himself as an angry guy with temper issues. The only times he'd get angry were in reasonable situations. Nothing too drastic. He was scared for Ashton when he were to go back to school, feeling like David would do something worse since their interaction made it utterly terrifying.

Suddenly a sigh was heard and the sound of a book being shut.

"You know you should take your own advice."

"I know something's bothering you. Tell me." Ashton pleaded grabbing the blonde by his hands making him sit up right, but not before Luke made his body completely relaxed making him look like a rag doll. "You are a child." Ashton giggled making the older boy crack a smile as well.

"How do you know somethings bothering me? What if I'm simply just thinking?"

"You're biting your lip. You only ever really do that when something is bothering you."

Luke sighed knowing there was no way around this conversation so he sat there in silence until there was a good way to start this conversation.

"Do you think I'm an angry guy? Like, do you think I have anger issues?" Ashton furrowed his eyebrows,"What the heck? No. What possessed you to come to that conclusion?"

"Is this about David? What did he say?"

"He just said I was a ticking time bomb and when I fuck up he'll be there for you. It just really made me think you know? Because back before I met you, I really was an angry person. I was even angrier drunk and I told myself the day we got together you would never ever see that side of me. And you've seen me angry but not even close to how angry I could be. And I dunno, it made me scared I guess."