16

"So you asked him to be your boyfriend right? Cause we haven't heard from you since that night." Michael pointed out just to be sure. "Yeah I did." Luke smiled taking a sip of his drink. "Well that's great and it's about time. Your first boyfriend. How do you feel?" Calum asked.

"Um, normal? How am I supposed to feel since I have my first boyfriend?" He laughed with a confused expression. "I dunno, I hear it's supposed to be like a honeymoon phase all the time. And that you just can't get enough of them."

"Do you feel that way about Calum?"

Michael turned to him with a straight face before shrugging and saying 'eh'. Which resulted to Calum pushing him off the couch. "Don't listen to Mike. You feel how you feel. But really, we are happy for you."

Smiling again and muttering another thank you, before getting up since Luke told Ashton he'd pick him up after school and even after having a very stubborn argument, it was still set in stone.

"Alright, I'm gonna go get Ash from school, please, please, please, don't burn the apartment down." He pleading knowing anything could happen with his friends. "So now you're his personal chauffeur or what?" Michael asked with a hint of rudeness in his voice.

"No Mike, it's not like that. He usually takes the bus or walks, that's not safe, so I offered. I would feel much better anyways if I got him." Luke explained seeing his friend's tense expressions relax with a nod.

"You need to calm down Mike, I'm sure Ashton won't take advantage of Luke like that." Calum spoke after Luke left. "No I know, but you can't be too safe. I just want what's best for him."

"I know. Me too."

Honestly Luke didn't mind, he would never mind if it meant Ashton was safe. But it's funny, he never thought he'd be back at high school again, even if it was just to pick someone up, being around high school just triggers his past and it's something he doesn't really like, however, not trying to think too much of it since it was all behind him now.

Finding a parking space close enough to the entrance to where Ashton would be able to see his car clearly. When the bell rang, Luke got out with his RayBans on and leaned against the trunk of the car watching each person who walked by, almost in a judging manner. Which to be honest, he was, if he's being honest.

Soon departing ways, Ashton spotted Luke while walking closer to his car. "Friends?" He asked with a small smile then giving him a soft short kiss. "Um, not really. You know I really don't mind walking. Or taking the bus. I'm really grateful for you picking me up, but if it's something that just isn't a priority cause I know you're busy, you don't have to."

Furrowing his eyebrows softly while looking at his boyfriend,"You will always be a priority."

Blushing softly with not knowing what to say besides a simple 'thank you' before climbing in the front seat clumsily almost tripping on his own two feet.

"You hungry?" Luke asked once starting the car again and driving away. "Um, yeah just a little bit." He answered getting his wallet out to be ready to pay. "I know I just didn't see you pull out your wallet. But it's cute if you think I'm gonna let you pay."

Pouting softly with glaring at his boyfriend who took the wallet away and tucked it in his pocket. "Sorry Sugar. My idea, I pay."

"So if it was my idea then—"

"No."

Sighing in defeat with a head shake when Luke grabbed Ashton's hand kissing it quickly. "M'sorry, maybe another time." Nodding while squeezing his hand softly with a smile, they turned into the drive thru to order.