17

Waking up was different. A good different. A foreign different, something Ashton wasn't used to, but he didn't at all mind. Next to him was a still sleeping Luke who looked peaceful as ever, smiling softly he pressed his lips to his forehead, but then feeling the grip around his waist tighten. "Don't leave." Luke mumbled groggily. "Just stay with me for a while longer."

Nodding and resting his head back on Luke's chest feeling a comforting hand rub on his back and hearing the heartbeat of his boyfriend, he felt so safe, so secure. It felt so right in that moment, now he didn't want to ever leave.

"Come on. I wanna treat you to breakfast." Ashton finally spoke, sitting up then standing to do a little morning stretch. Luke opened his eyes slightly smiling at the sight in front of him who had messy bed hair. "Why do you wanna treat me? I haven't done anything special."

"You do everything for me. That's special. I know you have a problem with people doing things for you, but please let me do this." He pleaded. "I don't know Sugar, I'm too lazy to get up. I can make you something. Another time?"

Sighing softly while nodding sitting back on the edge of the bed, feeling arms back around his waist,"Okay." Luke squeezed his grip contently while looking up at his boyfriend. "M'sorry Sugar."

"I have homework to do, come on you can keep me company in the living room."

Luke groaned childishly gripping tighter just so they could stay in bed. "But it's so early, stay in bed with me. Just for a little bit."

How could anyone say no to that?

So climbing back into bed almost immediately being engulfed by long arms and broad shoulders that almost smothered him to death, which would not be a bad way to go out if you ask him. Luke made sure not to put all his weight on the small boy, hovering over him lightly smiling softly.

"What? Do I have dried drool on my face or something?"

"No. You're just cute. And I'm really lucky to have this chance."

"You say it like I'm something special." He pointed out going to move from his position but was held in the same spot. "You are special Ash, whether you know it or not. You're special to me, to your parents, and to everyone else who knows you. Don't forget that."

Still, Ashton didn't seem to believe it, but nonetheless he nodded. But Luke saw right through that nod, so in an instant he started peppering kisses all over the boys face making the room fill with giggles.

"Are you done?" Ashton asked with a laugh. "One more." Luke smiled leaning down to give him a gentle kiss. "Okay now let's eat."

In a swift motion Ashton was now in the arms of his boyfriend bridal style then placed on the couch before going into the kitchen.

"So I'm guessing you're not gonna let me help?"

"No, sorry Sugar. Besides, you not being in the kitchen will probably save my apartment from being burned down."

Luke didn't have to look behind him to see the pout glaring at him, but still, he kept walking to the kitchen and making small talk here and there just to know that Ashton's doing alright waiting.

"Okay, I made us some omelettes. I hope you like—Ash, I said no homework this early."

"You were taking forever, I just thought I'd get some done now."

Chuckling softly while putting the plate down before gently taking the textbook away seeing that cute pout again. "Sugar, come on."

The 2 ate in peace, although once realizing how good the food actually was, Ashton couldn't help himself from picking at the food on Luke's plate when he finished his meal. But, the tattooed boy didn't mind, it was a way of showing how comfortable he was with Luke already.